Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Fish

Silver Fish

Hit Rainbow last night with Colin, beaut night slow tides and a nice half moon above and a gentle breeze, wasnt that cold but the water was.
    Try the lease first for a couple of bream, then moved across the channel to let some mullet loose, couldnt find a pike anywhere, but some mullet from Myora.
    One run before the change but no hook up, wasnt till about 1hr after the turn we had lift off, and after a short tussell a cold looking 12-13kg silver lay gleaming in the moonlight.
    That was it for the night, so headed back to Vicky Pt around 3am with a chilly s/wester blowing in our faces.
    regards

Re: Silver Fish

mug shot

plenty of these pesty little buggers around the leases

Webby - that has to go more than 13 Kg, surely? What did you catch him on?
    I was there this afternoon for an absolute NIL RESULT. Old mate and I spent the day out on the bay and didn't even lose a bait!

CHRIS_aka_GWH

nice fish brian,

i thought you might have been hunting - i was eyeing off the friday's "trickle in" night tide but had dad duties to perform both fri & sat while the princess worked.

Apart from your hook anything in its gut?

chris

Nice fish Webby. Good to see you got rewarded for your efforts!

G'Day Brian,

Those pesky little squire sure are around atm. I was out around Peel
    last week and they were schooling up behind the boat, musta been 30 or more that I could see and the sounder actually blacked out.

Cheers,
    Tony # 8)
    BTW nice Jewie
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

NeilD

You certainly have a handle on those Silver fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
    Brian, how do you get your Mullet in Myora? I can normally get the Pike but the Mullet seem a bit harder to find.
    They are great fish. I will have to have a good crack at them before winter ends.

Neil

Hi Wymoning mate my scales are all rusty and stuff, as we couldnt weight the last lot we caught either, so its just a rough estimated so to be on the safe side put that weight up, i reckon he or she was probabley around 14kg, but wont agrue about a kilo or two.
    Yeah chris looked at friday night but winds were up, so decided sat was the better option, we might have to swap a trip each take me to the surf where i may need a few lessons and will repay with a trip in the bay
    Also was susprised to find a part digested whiptail or rainbow runner as their pretty prolific through the rainbow area, might be a good bait the trubs is trying to specifically catch one.
    Neil if you go right up into the Myora anchorage you'll find them up in the shallow, just bread and floats as you only need a few for the night, or the weed bed just south of Dunwich there usually about.
    Yet we couldnt find a pike in a few places we tried.
    Think i mention to you some time back the area to try north of Myora just sit either side of that eddie.
    I find the slowere the water in Rainbow the better.
    Tony there sure around in numbers, also that Reddie bay write up you did (thanks), might have drawn some atttention
    regards

Hope you didn't hurt the old back lifting that girl up Brian

Nice fish mate.

Congratulations Brian! You're getting good at this caper

Cheers,

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

searaider

Onya Webby ,
    Nice Silver .
    Peter
    Searaider 2

on ya brian

gards bige

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by webby

<snip>
    Also was susprised to find a part digested whiptail or rainbow runner as their pretty prolific through the rainbow area, might be a good bait the trubs is trying to specifically catch one.
    <snip>
    regards
    Not another one! Nice going Brian.

I read about those whiptails being good bait in Grant's when I first started fishing here. Was fishing Palm reef one day when I caught a heap of 'em.......knew then that I'd drifted off the reef. Anyway, got back into position and decided to try 'em as bait.......got 3 bust-offs in less than an hour! (no wire)

cheers

kev

Webby,

Yet another good bay Jewie, good to see mate
    I think I know the spot X

Any luck lately with Bay Snapps ??

Cheers
    Craigie.