Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Banks "not Really"

Banks "not Really"

What can i say, so much for the 5 knts.
    We arrived at M/bar at 4am in the water Spiro and Dave B and myself. Not a breeze but just as we were about to leave the entrance a call was made about the swell outside.
    We came out to be greeted by about 1.5 mts of swell and 15knts. Change of plans we moved down to a mark at the 10 mile. Myself and deckie 1 (mick) down with slimies and a double hook up. I at first though they were ambo's or kingies line peeling of faster than a new brides panties. After a hard fight 2 nice snapper could they be winners.
    A quick measure in bad conditions and they were about 90cm.
    Spoke to Bugman and Sea Saw they were at the banks if the fish gods were fair they should both recieve a 6 pack for just being there.
    Anyway our biggest snapper was 84cm but as we did not make the Banks should it be counted. ??? ??? Decision pending from the judges.
    Sorry about the wrong measurement Mark but under the conditions it was the best I could do. My 6 six pack is waiting to be collected just tell me the winner. Good to meet Dave B and I hope we can do this again when the weather is kinder.

Re: Banks "not Really"

Micks maybe winner

mine

well done they are some good fish you caught there. pitty that the conditions were so rough. it sure looks lovely at the ramp.

cheers Phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Hey streaker.
    yeah mate we didnt make it out either. Good fish man, may the best fisher win!!

Couple of good snapper there mate, i thought the conditions would of been touch and go, would of been a long average run to the northern banks.

Well done Wayne for even getting on the water today - some GREAT fish as a reward too #

I made the decision last night to pull the pin all together, so the day was spent dreaming about which boat to buy next - maybe even yours # # #

noluck

well done wayne top fish too ,if Mark got biger fish i will get you dring just to geting out there
    we just got to 50m line about 18km out and that was it and come back after 8.oo am
    was like washing mashine today we thought we will need 3 hours to get to B.Banks
    cheers No_luck

yep today was sh!t and that's lightly put. We got a heap of undersezid fish but no leagles we fished murphys and i was so looking forward to the banks. Nice fish therestreaker. If sea saw don't bet any thing that would be a pitty. So did spiro get to the banks or was he fishing with you?

cheers chemmy

Wayne,

Your still in the number one position, my best went 80cm. 6 pack coming your way.

Bugman is still to report in, but he had not got into many Snapper when I left out there ..... but sounded like he had a good mixed bag.

We did pretty well with our bag limit of snapper, some monster parrot, pealies and and a few others to top off a good catch.

It was a slow trip out. Took about an hour and a half and the same for the trip home. It was still fishable and not too bad, but I wouldn't have liked to be in a smaller boat.

I'll post my pics here. First is Johno with the first snapper of the morning

Then Craig (Cheech) landed one. I wont mention that he has mastered the silent spew so quiet, he nearly got away with it

Then it was my turn

And then it started to rain, so I was fishing under the canopy and tried to lift a 4kg snapper into the boat by lifting the rod. Not a good idea, as the loaded up rod hit the rocket launchers and SNAP ??? My favourite Live Fibre is no more ??? ??? ??? At least I smiled for the photo, but not happy

Next was a solid parrot

And then another