Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I see lots of RED again

Re: I see lots of RED again

Greg ya say ya bagged out on reds then on the way home you get a even bigger one, whatta do with the other one toss it or hide it?

nice work 18.1kg of red emperor how long did it take to bring it up?
    great report and good on ya once again [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Stewth Greg you've nailed them again!! Can't wait fot the BnB piccy.
    PS I was wondering when someone would come forward with that Q, Jimbo 59's that is

jimbo/db, why would you wonder its none of ya business what happens to the fish, just say nice fish and go bag out yaself

thats the way rob

Thanks for the dream material, Reefmaster! Great story and sensational pics!

unreal fish greg! top stuff

Good on ya greg! Your old boy's done it again! Hes flogging you! Bloody great fish!!
    Wish he caught it in a couple of weeks time for the rainbow comp!
    I like the look of those conditions in the background, catch ya soon...foxy

maybe I should have put a up instead

Sounds like the old Split Ends song "I see red"

or am I showing my age?

Hey guys thanks for the comments.

Brejen - Mate we didnt head through the bar and the at end of my report
    i wrote about the beach which was terrible. As long as there isnt swell over 1.5-2 mtrs its ok. but any swell from N to NE you will have a hard time even if its half a mtr.

Snappa - No pete i think Lee hit Wide C.

Macca- Mate I'm still killing myself with laughter over your post. Your the legend mate. I think all the electronics and my explanations have confused him alittle as that generation has a little trouble coming to terms with new stuff but he brings me back down to earth when he uses the same fishing technique thats been used for donkeys and shows us all up. . He is as keen as me and thinks about fishing the same way i do so i guess he is the perfect fishing companion.

Jimbo59- Mate i was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that and i respect your question. Well when you get to 9 reds you soon know that there gonna keep coming aboard so the only thing to do is wait for a big red red that you can be happy with as the final fish. This is the reason why we stayed out over night and kept catching them hoping we would pull a bigger then average red. That big fella didnt come until hours later when the 18 kilo job came along.

Regards Greg

Chemmy it took a fair while mate and the fight was very close to a big AJ.

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Thanx for answering the question truthfully greg, i did have to ask because it was the first thing i thought of when reading the post.Besides that, none of us would like to see a trail of dead fish when other bigger ones come on the bite behind someones boat.

Very very very very nice

Sorry Greg,
    teach me not to read the whole lot and jump to the piccies . Mate heading up there the second week in August, hoping to try and get outside if the weather gods will allow. You plan to head up there at all around that time. Last trip up there we went out thru the fishermans gutter on the bar but the weather that day was excellent. Again mate loved the report [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Would like to catch even half of one of those.
    Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

What can i say but WOW ! that is one monster red Greg makes the 6 to 8 kg jobs look like small squire im thinkin ! Carnt wait for the full pics and story mate, i thought i had braggin rights but ill hand em over to your dad gladly with a monster red of that size ! Well done.

CHEERS RAY