Thread: weed at fraser island....is it there

weed at fraser island....is it there

posting this for a mate at work...he wants to know if there is any of that shit weed on the ocean beach at fraser.....thanks in advance

cheers Leso..

Re: weed at fraser island....is it there

was up there two weeks ago and yes, the weed was about, with only a couple of clear patches here and there.

Seamus

I think the stuff is illegal now, but I might be wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    I think the stuff is illegal now, but I might be wrong....

Good to see your back on board Mick!!!

Yeah, I bet you guys have missed a bit of humour amoung all the seriousnessnessesss.

Haha yes back to the serious side, it really better not be there coz leaving at about midnight tonight and planning a big week or greenback and jewwy fishing... oh please jsut spare us of the weed this week.

I spent a week at fraser at the begining of the month and the weed did'nt cause me any real problems. It was there in patches but there were also plenty of clear gutters too, it was alot better this year than what it has been for the last couple of years.

cheers Kev

Hey,

Going up on sunday and keeping the fingers crossed that the weed will just stay away for a week.

FINCHO

DaneCross

My uncle was up there last week. Had 2 days where they were troubled by weed but it 'moved on' by the end of the week. had some good sessions on tailor with a few biggns amongst them. Good luck.

Sportfish_5

Gees - sounds like an Ausfish M&G next week at Fraser.

Staying at a house near Eurong all next week- See you there guys

Cheers

Greg

Went up on Tuesday and came back on Friday and only clear spot was near Hook Point.
    HEAPS OF WEED EVERYWHERE, but was clearing.
    No fish.
    Cheers,
    Graham.

Arrived Fraser, Saturday 17 September and left on Saturday 24 September. #Stayed the week at Fraser Island Beachhouse at Poyangun Rocks. #Weed was thick from Hook Point to Eli Creek, never made it past Eli. #Reports from the helicopter was that the weed went through to Sandy Cape. #Had a couple of runs back to Hook Point for a total of 5 Tailer, 1 GT and 6 dart. #Leaving on Saturday the weed was clearing and patchy, a great gutter forming out the front of the house. #should be up there this week, BUT the weed could be back there now.

Cheers
    Darryl