Thread: Barwon Banks Finely Made It

Dave

Barwon Banks Finely Made It

After a couple of failed attempts to head out to the Banks(1-due to weather, 2-crook deckie) we made it out today. Left Kawana at about 2.30 for a bumpy trip out following (or should i say trying to) SeaSaw. After loosing sight of him on the horizon and a small incident with the G.P.S # (Not one word) we finally caught up with him. Things were looking good with the first to drops hooking onto 2 unstoppables, but that was all she wrote. Things were very quiet till about 9 when we started to head to a closer in spot and found a new spot X. first drop was a squire around 3kg. things were on the boil for around half an hour with 10 nice fish coming on board. then as quick as it started all was quiet again. Time to head in with a glassy 50Kph run in. All in all a great day out.

searaider

Re: Barwon Banks Finely Made It

Hainesy ,
    Good to see you got out and got some good fish.
    You would have been doing well if you could have kept up with the Mighty SeaSaw in a bit of slop , she is one big chunk of a boat .

Peter
    Searaider 2

Dave

When they're on they're on

Dave

Whale watching when it was quiet.

Dave

Searaider 2 Your not wrong. Very nice boat.

It was good to meet you Hainesy. #Glad you ended up with a few #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] for the effort, after travelling all that way. #It really was an average day for the Banks .... the fish were hard to find.

GPS, what GPS, where did I put that GPS # #

I'll post a report of our catch shortly, we ended up with a mixed bag of 26 fish, but no real memorable ones.

Cheers,

Mark

Sounds like you still had a good trip for your first shot at the banks. The more time and effort you put in finding good spots the better results you will get. We've all had days were we've made the long run out and found it hard to put together a feed.

Luke

Hainesy, Had my first trip out to the banks earlier this month. Now I have the feel for the distance and the fuel required. I'll be there more often so I can start to look for good spotx marks.

Hope to see you out there and we might say g'day. I've got Ausfish stickers on the side of the cabin.

Good luck and good fishing

Angla

Good to see that you made it Dave and put a feed together. It was a tough day to get a feed. Maybe next time you will have to follow me so that you can keep up Good to catch up with you at the ramp.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

good to catch up with u at the ramp at least u caught
    a feed but only trouble is u dont know where u caught them
    no gps

cheers pete