Thread: All good things come to an end...

All good things come to an end...

Well I knew the good fishing couldn't keep going for ever...

Went for a final run down the creek today (I think we all know which one by now! ) with a mate of mine, and went to the spot I had landed a nice bream yesterday. Kept an eye out for you chillers, but didnt see you anywhere! Fished there a little while, and the best I did was hook a sunken tree (DAMN SNAGS!)

Started walking further towards Nudgee, and was just casting in to sunken trees/snags along the way. Few good bites, but no hookups.

After a while, my mate suggested we try a little spot he saw once when bike riding down there, so we up and moved to go there. Folllowed the dirt track along til we came to a creek running off the main creek, and a VERY nice looking spot at that! Deano cast in, and on his second cast, hooks and lands his first ever fish on plastics!!! A bream that went about 25cm to fork or so! Very happy chappy... He had cast in front of a tree hanging into the water, and let the current wash it in under the branches. A couple of twitches later, and he was on! (Glad to see someone listens to me!) He caught it on the 2" Berkley Power Hawg in Cinniman.

So in I cast around the rock groyne at the junction, and I got smashed by a big bream. 31cm to the fork! Caught him on a Berkley 3" Bass Minnow in Smelt Scales on a TT 1/16th with #2 hook. A few boats then cruised by, and the fish went off the bite.

The wind had picked up by then, and after snagging up loads (Went through a hole packet of jigheads) we decided to call it quits.

Wasn't the most productive day, but to hear my mate cheering about his first SP fish was good enough!

Re: All good things come to an end...

As Madonna once said:- "Like a virgin... Touched for the very first time"!

My breambo...

(The pics are terrible angles... Don't show how big they are really.... This guy filled a 6-pack esky)

There is some fantastic structure all the way along this area!

For anyone wanting to try to find a few fish in their local creeks/rivers/etc:- Look for stuff like this! You can cast to them from the banks, but if you have a boat, even better!!!

I've nick-named the area we were in today, the "Sunken Mile"...

The banks have collapsed all the way along, and there are trees in the water everywhere! This is as we were walking back... Last bit of where we were...