Thread: My Virgin Snapper

gropeher

My Virgin Snapper

Hi all,
    well I went out for a run to the nothern 29s yesterday still in search of that vigin knobby that I have been chasing all season. I am still young in fishos terms and have only been fishing off the boat for 12 months now and outside, well this was my 4th trip. Every trip just always seems something I wasnt doing right.
    Anyway a great run out with a pod of whales surfacing near the boat on the way out. Once we got there I found this steep ledge that dropped like 10m so I set the boat up for the first drift over with good signs of fish showing up on the Lowrance sounder. I deployed my floater for the first drift with nothing. So I started the drift again and wammo, you little beauty I am finally on, now all I need to do is keep a cool head so I can finally land one. About 4 or 5 minutes later I land this little beauty.
    The photos dont really do the photo justice, it has a small knob on the head and measured 640mm long. Unsure of the weight though.

Cheers Ryan..
    (Hope to be posting many more reports of bigger ones again, watch this space)

gropeher

Re: My Virgin Snapper

and again

well done, always good to get a first

Well done Ryan..good stuff mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

chanquetas

How can you tell its a virgin???

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by chanquetas
    How can you tell its a virgin???
    It's only got a small knob!

Well done Ryan, may there be many more to come. Mate, if you don't mind a bit of advice.........Full sun here is always pretty harsh and the camera can't handle the high contrast between shade and highlight, hence the lost detail. Always use a bit of fill in flash whenever possible....Flash isn't just for use in dark rooms.

Cheers

kev

Thats a beaut fish and a good boat too. Best of luck in the future as the snapper population have been put on notice.

Angla

i sent you an email but never got to u ....

"whats the time"

not bad for a first ....hope theres plenty more to come although theres only one virgin now you know how to do it
    cheers terry (maztez)
    Cheers Tezza

Well done Ryan, nice fish .

Joe

gropeher

Snappa,
    I had been looking for a reply so now I know something went wrong, still appreciate any advice you could offer me so next time I can hopefully catch a couple more.

Cheers Ryan..

Very nice work there mate! Congrats on the nice Snap!

Good one mate and may there be many more.

Mark

virgin ay, did it squeal like a pig when ya hooked it