Thread: Caloundra 7 & 9 Mile 24/09

westie

Caloundra 7 & 9 Mile 24/09

Well i thought my deckie for the day " caloundra" was going to do the report but I think he has been working on Brownie points around the yard for another chance to get out again soon.

Well started Daniel arrived at home 5.15am, boat and I were all ready to go, got to Coast Gaurd Ramp at Mooloolaba and launched with no waiting Daniel started getting things under way in the back of the boat with the bait and burley setting up his rods.

Once outside it was a nice trip to the 9 Mile and it was not long before rods were set and a sm pattot was on the deck, Nah.... we will do better than that so back it went then a couple of Squire for the esky
    Maroi Cod then it was Daniels turn to get in on the fun, he was floating Pillies and flicking slugs and plastics around with no success then the sound he was waiting for a ratchet going off, nice Squire.
    After a few more changes in tackle and myself getting in to a few fish, his rod bends over and he jumps to the task, rod loads
    up and it is a nice fish and was stripping line, then it turned its head and was on the way to the boat this was our first Snapper and someone was happy.
    After that the deckie had a few runs but no hookups he just
    did not fire up again, and it was not from the want of trying, this lad works on his fishing and thinking all the time
    what can I do next but some days things just don't go the way you plan.
    Me i was occupied most of the morning fishing on the botton with some parrot to 30 -35mm that all went back as i was hoping for better things then around 10am we pulled the pin as most did from out around the 12 mile and the radio chat things were not going to plan out there as well.
    We stopped at the front of Cartwright under the light and I backed the boat into the edge looking for a Tuna on a Mack for Daniel to have some fun with but after about a dozen cast he hooked the reef and lost his gear so that was it for the day.

So summing up
    3 nice Squire kept
    1 Snapper
    1 Maroi Cod
    6 Parrot Returned
    5 Scorpion Cod Returned
    2 Squire Returned

Back at ramp around 11am
    May be a chance for bigger fish at the Banks but fuel cost and time and fish caught
    by the time you weigh all that up I am pretty happy with a day like
    that. Good company good fish and great weather and ready to do it all again.

Sorry to my original deckie armoz we did arrange to fish the passage for flathead in the arvo as he was on child minding duties in the morning.
    Scott and Daniel Wednesday Mack Attack curras.

(No Photo's)

Re: Caloundra 7 & 9 Mile 24/09

thanks for this trip steve
    been busy getting brownie points with the family
    yeh things were a little slow out there.
    no big monsters but enough for a good feed

Daniel

Re: Caloundra 7 & 9 Mile 24/09

Glad to see that you got out Westie to. Sounds like you guy's had a good days fishing
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]