Thread: 18s, Goldy, Saturday

DaneCross

18s, Goldy, Saturday

Just a quick report. Had a trip off the Goldy on Saturday, wind was up, current was up, sounder was stuffed, my seat stuffed and some kind of intermittent mysterious electrical problem on my boat, but we still managed a couple of squire, a couple of missed runs and a shark. Thanks to JB for driving up from the Goldy to pick me (and the boat) up only to drive back down to fish where he'd just come from [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    DC

DaneCross

Re: 18s, Goldy, Saturday

Noah wasn't welcome on board so was released boatside

DaneCross

Fish

Good effort since you had no eyes pointing downwards.
    Cheers

Steven

nice effort dane despite the hickups. a couple of feeds to be had there. hope you sort out the problems and have better luck next time.

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Nice work boys,

Also headed out on Saturday with the new colour sounder in the boat. (Raymarine DX 500) Went to the 36's east of seaway. Got out there and the wind was really blowing, current was running and all in the same direction. Ended up turning around and headed to the 24's. Still couldn't get a decent fish. Have had a terrible run with the weather.

Your a good man JB for all that traveling.

Dane - Have you got the sounder fixed yet?
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

DaneCross

Cheers fellas.
    No Dominic, haven't fixed the sounder yet

No worries on the drive DC, a day out fishing is always worth a drive. Pity about the dam sounder and current , still managed to have a great time. I really thought u had a nice fish when that dam noah was on, it sure gave ya some curry . We will have to get out there again when i come back from up north.

Thanks for the trip.

jas

bidkev

Yeah DC, nice going considering that you'd no sounder and conditions were crap.

I wonder where the current starts though? two weeks ago I fished the 12 fathom and then palm and the float gear was sitting straight at the back of the boat. There was absolutley no run at all all day? Makes for an akward fish when the boat is at the mercy of the wind with no current to straighten her up..........bugger that two anchor business in that depth!

cheers

kev