Thread: A HUGE thanks to Pash 67 and CQ Hornet

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

A HUGE thanks to Pash 67 and CQ Hornet

Suzie and I just had 5 days in paradise. Yep, sheer paradise! Hummock Hill Island, and all thanks to DNO ( CQ Hornet ) and his post some weeks ago about this beautiful place.

We loaded our 4.4 Jabiru with 60 lts of water, 50 lts of fuel, our fishing gear, tent, food, bait, etc etc and met with Adrian (Pash 67) at DNO's place Tuesday morning. Adrian ( who incidentally I used to be a player with in the Gladstone Municipal Band) met us to guide us to the secret boat ramp! Small world!!! 20 years since we had seen each other. He helped us launch the boat, made sure we were safe and underway, and then took our car and trailer back to Deans to make sure it would be safe and sound during our absence. Adrian, from Sue and I, thank you so very much!!

Friday night Dean and Adrian visited us at our beautiful camp site on Hummock Hill. A few beers and rumbo's and a rapport was quickly established. These two blokes are fair dinkum fisho's and bloody decent blokes, although Dean's wife shed dubious doubt on our opinion of Dean!!! G'day Deb!!! Anyway, they visited to make sure we were safe and well and for Dean and I to organise a time to meet at the ramp on Sunday. 11 am it was!!

Throughout our georgeous 5 days we did not see a muddie, but we did catch some school mackies, bream, flathead and whiting. We were busted up many times at the 45 ft reef between Hummock Hill and Wild Cattle Island and I think they may have been Cobia but I'm not sure?. At one stage I had a 12 inch Grinner rigged to two 4'0 french hooks. He quickly became the quarry of something which charged towards the boat and sounded only 5 mtrs from the port side. The fish lay there gently moving about but which I could not lift on 30 kg mono. Eventually after about 10 mins, the hooks pulled. This happened several times, and Suzi was often bitten off on the intial strike.

Regardless, we had some good feeds and are deeply indebted and will always remember the generosity and friendship of Adrian, Dean and his lovely wife Deb.

Many thanks to you guys, and for you Ausfishers may I thoroughly recommend Survivor Hummock Hill!!!!!!

Cheers to all
    Dave

DNO40

Re: A HUGE thanks to Pash 67 and CQ Hornet

I'm Just Glad you blokes had a good time. Ausfish people are mostly genuine fisho's and what goes hand in hand with that is the willingness to help other fisho's. I only wish i could find the time to take five days off. Loved the campsite looks like you had all the home comforts.

As discussed when "Ausfish Collosseum 2" is happening we'll give you a call, would love to have you along and catch up with some of the other guy's as well.

Once again, nice to have met you, you have obviously arrived home safely. Did you lose anything from the boat ? If not tell Sue to pull her head in

The North Keppel trip sounds like the go one day.

DNO

Thanks Dave & Sue for giving me a good laugh while launching the boat and Friday night drinks. Look forward to catching up at the dam. It is never an effort to help people. Would gladly help out again.

Adrian

Hey Guys
    You nauti's at it again.Good to hear about you catching fish and enjoying yourselves.
    I feel a little guilty, I still have 1 of Sue's pink bubbles, I would hate to think it was the reason you didnt catch any crabs. It worked for us.Were there any at all (small females etc) or were you trying the wrong spot.
    Still sitting in the office dreaming of being there.
    Talk to you soon

Wally

Sounds like a ripper of a weekend. That area is spot on for doing that sort of thing.

Camped at North Keppel (Considine) for about 4-5 september shcool holidays in the 80's/90's. FANTASTIC! Visited Humpy Island for a day trip in January this year and the facilities there are excellent.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

It was so beautiful we are still talking about it!! And Wally you keep that pink float in memory of our time at 1770. Cheers to you and Ruth.

We didn't even see a muddie, but caught 3 blue swimmers. Maybe we were just in the wrong spot or perhaps they haven't come out of there hidey holes just yet.

Suzi had applied for a job the day before we left to go to Hummock Hill and they phoned her on our first day for a half hour interview. They asked for her to meet with them this morning at half past 10. Anyway, off she goes all happy and excited with her fingers crossed. An hour later she's back home feeling hopeful and still excited. An hour later the phone rings and she's got the job!!!! Receptionist at Rockhampton Girls Grammar School. Starts at 8am tomorrow. She is just thrilled to bits so we toddled off to the Berserker Tavern tonight for dinner and a celebratory drink. [smiley=beer.gif]Lucky we got the 5 days away when we did as it is all over now for a while!!!

Keep us posted Dean on that Ausfish Colleseum Two. We'll be there!!!

And Adrian, I reckon our Jabiru carrying the massive load that it had as well as Sue and Abbey and the dog and me sitting on top of it all would have to be a terrific advertisement for Savage!!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Roll on the next trip!!!!
    North Keppel sounds good!

Thanks again fella's

Dave