Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banks Report 24/9

Banks Report 24/9

We headed out this morning to fish the southern end of the Hards and northern end of the Banks. The fishing was quiet all day in the areas we tried, so had to work hard to put together a feed.

Mrs SeaSaw will be very pleased. She is always telling me not to bring home big fish, because the small ones taste better. She won't be dissapointed today.

Hainesy followed us out for his first trip to the Banks, but had a little trouble early due to a misplaced GPS It was good to meet up and chat out on the water. Hope you get a chance to get out that way again on a day when the fish are a little more cooperative. I I think the poor fishing was due to Luke (620sf) cleaning out all the good ones the the day before.

We ended up putting together a reasonable feed of fish, mainly parrot, but a mixture of everything thrown in and we were back at the ramp by 1pm. Most of the fish were taken by anchoring and getting a burley trail working. There was no current running at all. We did miss a couple of real good fish on the floaters, but thems the breaks.

It was still a great day out on the water, and conditions were near perfect.

Here are a couple of pictures of the catch.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Banks Report 24/9

Gary with a pearly

Johno with a good parrot, we did get a few around 3kg

A spangled emporer. Notice the mutton birds in the background ... they were making it hard to get a floater out. >

nice parrot

The full catch

parrot must be starting to fire up on the banks

top effort mark, still a very good feed you
    got. how did you go with the wind. it was
    blowing a good 15knotts on bribie by 9am
    and i wondered whethered or not you went.
    nice parrot as well.
    cheers dale

Were they ducks in the back ground?
    Those pictures make me want to buy a bigger boat mybe one day i will win the lotto

Fish for dinner and roast duck for lunch #

Nice catch Mark, some good eating fish there. One day they can be on and the next quiet. Was it blowing a NW out there?

Luke

nice catch mark.

Luke, started off as a northerly and turned northwest on sunrise. Dale, it was about 10-15 for the run out an then dropped out to almost nothing. By 9am it wouldn't have been blowing any more than 5 knots.

WELL DONE

parrot and more parrot

WHERE WAS "SPIRO" he would have been in heaven....

strange how one day makes a different....
    i usually blame the deckie [eg eating bananas the nite before]
    anyway .. their too blame.....

one day must follow ya to the hards as i have NEVER been there.....
    should be a snappa or two for me ....
    "whats the time"

You ended up with a good feed there Mark and crew. When i was thinking about doing the same as you to get the parrot up, i saw that your on my parrot spot. The brother wanted to fish there to [he dosn't no the rules] Must of just missed you at the ramp, i was chatting with a few other Ausfishers.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

good catch mark

cheers pete