Thread: Banks 24/09/05

Banks 24/09/05

Left Mooloolabah about 3:30am and headed for the northern end of the banks. Tried a couple of spots that did well for me last time and searched a lot of new ground for bits and pieces but didn't really get on the snapper until we searched the deeper water. We managed our bag of good snapper between the two of us, some pearlies (yum!), and released a pb yellowtail king which was great fun. Great day again, great weather, some very active whales and 2 freejumping billies just to make it all the more worthwhile. Home just after lunch and only 50 litres of fuel for the day - Happy about that!

pic of unc with a couple of snapps attached.

Matt.

Re: Banks 24/09/05

Now thats a happy fisherman ....

Good to see you get a few

Top catch Matt. Were you fishing near us at the Northen end for a while. Just guessing it might have been you based on the front on the boat in the picture.

Cheers,

Mark

Matt you looked stoked!!!!!
    nice fish
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasaw, yeah mate, that was us. #We got a couple of small ones we released and the kingy there but couldn't really get things going, not even with the berley. #How did you go there? #It fired really well there a couple of months back when I was there last.

Spiro, not me mate, that's my uncle and yeah I promised him he would catch his first snapper so he was more than stoked (it could also be a look of pain from his carpel tunnel ). #I could show you some video of him hooking in which shows just how excited someone can get from fishing #May have to add some bleeps first though.

Matt.

Matt, Don't hesitate to come over and say gidday next time. #It is always good to have a bit of a chat and see how others are going out there. # We did alright, but didn't get onto Snapper in any numbers. #We got a mixed bag of 26 fish, mainly parrot. #I have put up a report.

Cheers,

Mark

yep, was just doing some catch up and read your report. You did well to get what you did there I reckon. We headed east of around the middle of the banks in 80m to get our fish in the end. They were on the sounder in the shallower stuff but not feeding so we thought deeper water, colder and more active maybe.

Will definately call in for a g'day next time. Thought it was you when we were there but wasn't quite sure.

Matt.

Nice goin Matt,

Looks like the fishing was pretty good most areas on the weekend..
    My turn's comin'...