Thread: Slow day at the B/Banks

Slow day at the B/Banks

Left Kawana at around 11pm Friday night for a 26-30klm slog out to the Banks. When we reached the Banks the conditions were getting better all the time but not the fish. Tried a few spots that don't let you down but no fish on the chew. Ended up going deeper for a few{8} snapper and {6}pearlies. Then i headed for the shallow water for the parrot but i couldn't pull a trick there either. On the way home we meet up with outsiderskip fish a bait school, so we put abit of time in there for a 1 cobe result.
    Had a couple of hiccups along the way
    Still have a fuel problem
    Bustard my 6500 baitrunner{cerclip inside drag broke into 4 and went into the gearing of the reel. Not good to say that it is less than a year old and always gets looked after.
    Met up with Outsiderskip, Hainsy and Reeldreamer at the ramp for abit of a chat on the days efforts. Also spoke to Foxy and Seasaw on the radio.

The brother with his double snapper hook up
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Slow day at the B/Banks

Spiro, seems like hard work no matter where you go.
    Good to see you had to work to get them as it leaves me more chances.
    I would be more than happy with the brothers handfull

Angla

chris

8 snappa cann't complain about that ... and the size looks good also ..

i hear that seasaw has plenty of parrot fillets that u can borrow untill your next trip ....

chris i forgot to mention ...
    "snappa knock off at 4.15 pm on fridays for the weekend"

"whats the time"

stick with us earlier next time

we will show u how to fish

sheers pete

Looks like you still pulled a good feed chris, seems the snapper where alittle hard to find on saturday. Did you get the snapper out in the deeper water?

Luke

yeh deeper Luke, just couldn't muck around due to the weather going to come in. Tried for parrot instead but my parrot rod was attached to the 6500 baitrunner{bugger} allways next time to redeam myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep..I fished with Foxy.
    He may post a report later but we didnt take many pics as the fishing kept us too entertained,
    Current was roaring, fish were there but were hard to get chewing .. We still managed to get an awesome bagful of fish with largish snapper aplenty.. this with Pearlies, trag, gold spots, parrot, cobia , amberjack, red emperor, coral cod... and probably others I have forgotten .....
    We left round 8pm friday and got back this arvo so was a full wekend on the water ...Oh well time for pearlies , sleep then work

Adam

At least the reel should get fixed under warranty, but it is always disappointing if you day is spoiled by failed gear. You need two of everything

Still a good catch of fish there and some quality Snapper. You should have dropped anchor near us and got into the Parrot. I would have been happy to share

Cheers,

Mark

nice work mate

noluck

well done spiro nice size snapper there mate

spiro it can only get better it is always next time and with new 6500 baitrunner (i hope will get fix under warranty by next friday)
    cheers no_luck

u know how to drink rum
    next time u only clean a f e w fish hang on to the bottle
    so no one can knock it over

cheers pete

G'day Chris

Mate, not a bad result I reckon - definitely better than I did on the weekend (don't want to talk about it)... OK, well, now that you ask... #

I haven't been out for a very long time - over 5 weeks since I was last on the water... # Have had to work just about every Saturday for over a month and the weather's been ordinary. Ah well - my time's coming (I hope... # )

Well done again

Rob.

it was 6 weeks since i'd been on the water. It felt like a life time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good catch there spiro, even if things weren't going so well. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Had my 6500 fixed 4 times because of that little bl@@dy spring. Mainly from casting at mackeral, the little bugger just can't handle the quick retrieve, so I only use the tss4 now for that purpose.