Thread: Mackeral at Sunken Reef

Mackeral at Sunken Reef

Dad was at work, so cousin scott and i went to Sunken Reef to try to catch mackeral. There for a few hours, few missed hits on the rod. Scott pulled in two nice spotties while i was feeding them as i kept dropping them. I was finally able to score one myself, thankfully. The competetion was tough.

Overall a nice day, saw a couple of whales. Was home by 1:00pm cleaned up and ready to watch the Cowboys flog Parramatta.

GO THE COWBOYS, ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!

Re: Mackeral at Sunken Reef

well done. they are a couple of real healthy looking spotties. it was great the cowboys did some flogging. going to be a great grand final.

Cheers Phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

yes nice spotties, cant wait for them to find us down here!

healthy phil? ya reckon

hey mackmauler.

there are a few spotties around , MADAI got into a few on currumundi sat morn (i think he did a report)

lookin foreward to a good season .
    i can nearly taste them allready

cheers

well they were healthy rob before they had there throats slit
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

we cleaned up out there 2 weeks ago 10 spotties in about 30 mins it was mayhem also a huge trev and busted off several times,also saw 18ft +of tiger shark not what you wanna see in a 4.5.m tinnie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i forgot GO TIGERS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

couple of good fish there, im ready for em!!

Needmorerum

Good couple of Mack there.
    Sunken Reef hey, I was reading the Subject and was wondering where this was. I spent last weekend, and the weekend before trolling around Sunken, Alum, Glendowie and Freshie points.
    Ended up with half a dozen Ribbonies, and a dozen Mack. Mixture of Grey's and Spotties.
    Be good if we could get rid of the Pro Nets around Sunken and Lewellyn Bay. Seen heaps of them pulling Greys and Spotties from their nets on Sunday.

Corry

I have had 2 different people that fish sunny coast telling me that there is heaps of spotties and schoolies around Currie and tuna to.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes that is the same place, Sunken Reef SE of Sarina. Dad going out there tomorrow with work mate for few hours.

Dad was at Sarina Beach lookout this morning, saw four pro boats lined in a row between Freshwater Point and Irving Island. Thinks they had their nets joined together to form 800m.

IS THIS LEGAL?

Dad works with a bloke who just got his commercial licence and fishes on his days off, this bloke is on $100 000 + a year and still feels the need to fish professionally!

nice couple of fish there although how does dead look healthy hehe

Well Done

Cheers

Mad!