Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DI research trip

Re: DI research trip

top show, Bet you are hanging to go get some reds
    Thanks for the report looking forward to seeing the full size
    snapper pic

Cheers Aj

G/ day Greg another top report from our DI junkie ! the wx looked better the further nth that guys went over the week end. The big nobbie looked like a fair fish (lol) and a nice mixed bag of top fish as well, top stuff once again mate. Still waiting for that invite i promise not to bring my pocket gps.

CHEERS RAY

noluck

good report nice weather top up with some show with whales
    well done Greg
    cheers no_luck

Well done Greg. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] There is nothing more enjoyable than a bit of exploration. On those kind of trips catching good fish is a bonus, but you also managed to hit the jackpot ... good stuff.

Cheers,

Mark

Greg welcome back We all look forward to your reports, and as usual you have not disappointed us,
    Cheers Troy

Greg top catch mate it amazing how close the reef starts after the bar there. love the conditions & the whales & great catch to
    kleiny

Unreal conditions and some awesome fish Greg! Great to see a report without massive reds in it for a change! A top effort [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitch

Top work Greg! Especially as you had to find the spots first!!!

What top conditions you got for the trip Greg. I got no parrot on the weekend and had to settle for snap's and perlies{kept the deckies happy} . I had plans to redeem myself this weekend but dose'nt look that flash . I have fished just out of the bar a few times with the Baitrunner chartter and it is suprising what you get there. Nice nobbie are we going to see it in B/B this month?........
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DI research trip

Howdy Ausfishes
    Been flat out of late and haven't had much time on ausfish but a few have been nagging for report so thought i better throw up a quicky from the weekend.

With the Northerlys predicted for the weekend and very little protection for beach launching at DI we opted to head out through the Wide Bay Bar and fish in close for the weekend in hope of searching new grounds in an area i haven't spent alot of time around. The forecast wasn't looking the best for a wide trip so the extra fuel was left behind. Went out the bar and the sea's were dead flat and the urge to head wide was there but we continued with the plan of fishing in close. We collected some yakka's and slimies in close and headed for the new area in hope of finding some good ground. We ran over some ground after about half an hour of looking and went back for good look. There wasn't much reef but it was holding lots and lots of bait. We all dropped and got hammered by good fish and Dad and Andy raising nice snapper and mine being around the 8kg mark which i was stoked with it broke in my new Shimano Tyrnos 30 and custom made rod. The next hour or so we caught over 10 good knobbies and lost a few rippers as well but it was good for mid morning fishing and how close in we were # we also got small mouth nannygai, moses perch and a whopper Mac Tuna We spent the rest of day slowly heading wider looking for new ground finding ground along the way with some nice Pearlies, Trag and snapper going into the esky. We also had a Sail fish jump right beside the boat and then sunbake minutes later with his sail sticking out of the water in full view. #Not long after that the whales kept us amused with great shows of playing which is always great to see .We fished the afternoon back at the snapper spot but the bait was just so thick that any bait dropped down including yakkas was destroyed by massive yakkas, slimies and tailor making it very hard to keep a bait down there. The fish we did catch were only small squire with one good snapper caught on dark before we headed back with the NE starting to blow. The next morning was spent fishing older grounds in close only to find every Reef totally covered with bait. (big yakkas, slimies and tailor which was a real pain) While heading back in we scored some nice Pearlies, moses and parrot #before heading through the bar late morning. Not a bad trip for this time of year as it usaully starts to get pretty slow but we ended up bagging out on nice snapper( 4-8kg) and got a good mixed bag of Pearlies, Parrot, Trag and Moses. Sorry good pics kept for BnB

Cheers Greg

Andy with a nice fish and the oldman hooked up on one the same size. gotta love the conditions

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

The biggest Snapps. sorry for certain reasons i couldn't put the whole fish up

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Trag

Parrot for spiro

some of the variety

whales