Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapper Assault @ The Banks 24/9

Snapper Assault @ The Banks 24/9

Well the decision was made to hit the banks early saturday morning. The run out was rather uncomfortable, but thanks to spiro for the conditions report on the banks we persisted head on into the chop. We targeted the central banks and anchored up by 0415. The action was slow for the first 10 minutes until the berley trail was established. To cut a long story short sh*t got out of control and we had bagged by 0530 and continued to throw back solid 3-4Kg fish. The fish seemed sucidal and were taking anything we put down there(single hooks and wire traces) although they seemed to shut down by 0700. We then moved in search of some variety and managed some solid parrot and hussar. We also had some fun with some big yellow tail kingies which came around the stern. The run home was near perfect averaging around 28-30 knots, although we were glad we left when we did as it seemed to blow up quite strong on our return to the ramp. Good to catch up with spiro and we just missed seasaw who took off with hainsey in hot pursuit when we arrived at the ramp.

Mitch

Re: Snapper Assault @ The Banks 24/9

one of many released!

Truggah!

No bites got fish?

Total for the day

nice catch
    sorry i just missed u at the ramp

cheers pete

Looks like you had a great day reeldreamer. Looks like the snapper are still holding in good numbers in certain parts of the reef.

Good to meet you Mitch glad to see that you had a stonka of a day we will have to catch up for another Banks mission
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dave

Nice to meet you at the ramp there. They are some awesome fish.

Dave

Well done Mitch [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] That a great catch of fish. Interesting that you got them in the shallows. Most of the good Snapper reports from the last few days have been from the deeper areas.

Well done.

Mark

Spiro we will have to plan a banks mission for sure, hopefully with the same results as yesterday! Mark the snapper where in plague proportions and just hitting everything! I never thought i would see the day i could hook up a solid fish i actually hope it wasn't a snapper!

noluck

top fish
    just next time bring biger esky u may stay bit longer and will bi more fish [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    cheers no_luck