Thread: Fraser

Fraser

WEED WEED and a BIT MORE OF THE BL**DY WEEEED! Hahaha still mananged to pull a few decent tailor out but nothing up to Frasers standards. Started off the trip spinning Raiders, in an attempt to pick up less weed than bait fishing. Well we got off to a good start with 3 fish in the first 4 casts, my third cast of the trip resulting in a 4lb tailor. And after that it went downhill. We managed probably 60 tailor between 2 of us for the week, but the weed jsut wouldnt go away, then to make matters worse the wind kicked in for the last few days. Didnt really get a crack at targetting the big fellas.... the WEED made it too difficult but had a few small goes, resulted in a few good bites but nothing spectacular. Ohh welll, will eventually psot some pics when dad gets the roll developed. Fincho will be able to add his side of the story to this, but yeah, the rocks might be opening but i dunno how much fishing will be done. Oh and if you are going watch out for the weed at the southern end right near the barges. It is THICK. Best 2 fish went 4.5 lbs.
    Cheers,
    Jackash

Re: Fraser

sounds like you got a few good fish despite the weed. Didnt get a crack at a jew?

I lobbed out a slab a few times, but the weed jsut meant u couldnt have ur bait in the water for more than a few minutes at a time. Had one bight which may have been a jewwie, line went slack, wound it up, came heavy, went to set the hooks, but the fish spat the bait. The slab was basically untouched, which made me think it wasnt a tailor, jsut a bit munched up. Couldve been anything i spose but yep.

Tough luck there mate , but still good to get a few fish .

Hey,

was up at the same time as jackash and had similar results. Our first 2 days saw us catching next to nothing, but towards the end of the trip tailor came on a bit thicker but still had to fish through the weed. Last 2 days finally found a few tailor with a bit of size but nothing too large. Will try post some pics when i get them off my camera.

FINCHO