Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping/fishing at Teewah this w/end

Camping/fishing at Teewah this w/end

Hi everyone, I'm camping up at Teewah this weekend and am just after a bit of a rundown on how the fishing has been lately. I was last there about 12 months ago and the it was almost unfishable because of weed.

Any info would be much appreciated, especially if I can tell my wife she will be having whiting for breakfast each day!!

Re: Camping/fishing at Teewah this w/end

mate was there 2 months ago and 2 guys were catching cobia off beach at about 2am.they started at 10pm they where using bonito and got some 3-5 kilo talior. the cobia where 18 kilo do have photo of the filleted fish just have to work out how to post them dale.i go up there regulary

I was up there 2 weeks ago and there was no weed whatsoever. But given the increase in weed on Fraser recently and the northerlies that have been blowing ... I'd say there's a good chance the dreaded snot will be there.

Thanks for the info, i'll post my results next week, if I get anything worthwhile.
    Adam

I was there on Wednesday. There was virtually no weed between the Noosa River mouth and the shire boundary. Worming was very good but there weren't many fish about, only small dart and tarwhine, although I only fished through the middle of the day. You should do better around dawn and dusk.
    Cheers Freeeedom

sidewayz

Was up there last weekend, mainly for a cruise up the beach but put the rods in just in case. Fished for about 45 minutes or so and picked up a heap of dart and a couple of whiting. It was quite windy so i decided to head off but i have heard some good reports from the locals of some quality whitng being caught up there. As for the weed there was quite a bit on the northern side of DI but none on the southern side...

Cheers
    Sidewayz

Adam,

You'll be there a week before me. PLanning on taking Mrs Skip for a camping weekend. Tides should be right for a early sat morning run up the beach to our fav little spot just south of freshwater.

Look forward to hearing how you guys go this weekend.
    Just really want to go up the beach and chill out.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Bill_Klein

might see you there skippa goin up friday arvo bit further south of you bout 3-4 kliks north of self register hutch i'll be the one with the green dualcab triton

G'Day OG,

mate I'll keep an eye for you, should still be heading up at this stage. Teewah is a great place to chill, bit of camping, bit of fishing, bit of 4x4 ande just relaxing on the beach ...... roll on next weekend.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Bill_Klein

only an hour from my place so real handy i went up couple of weeks ago by myself got some tailor,dart,whiting what more could you ask for
    takin the wifes boss up he's never been before so should be fun for him
    me serious stuff no chillin for me theres fishin and drinkin to do LOL

Did I mention a bit of drinking too ....

Bill_Klein

what are you drivin skippa

Bill_Klein

do you have CB in the 4B

Bill_Klein

if so i'll be on channel 40

Burgundy Suzy Grand Vitara, won't miss us, me & mrs Skip with 2 big #

Be up early Sat morning, may have a blue Explorer following us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    No worries I'll keep tuned to 40