Thread: 2 Mile off Bundy

Bundaberg_Bandit

2 Mile off Bundy

Hi All,

saw 10-15 forecast (lighter at first) so thought I would go and poke out to the 2 mile off Bargara for some early season mackerel.

No wait at the boat ramp, logged on with VMR - all was nice until we got outside and the 10-15 was more like 15-20 with whitecaps as far as the eye can see.

Had Dad in with me so thought we would poke out regardless.

There were a few birds worken but moving very quickly, and bait showing on the sounder.

Ended up with a nice school mackerel for the table

and got this unexpected little surprise on a slab of yakka. (he went back to the depths to wolf down another yakka)

Back at the ramp by 10am, where I met the fellas from B&F enforcing the reef closure

cheers
    BB

Re: 2 Mile off Bundy

good stuff thats a solid queenie. what depth where you fishing in? don;t you hate it when they get the forecast wrong. atleast you got a nice spottie for dinner.

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Bundaberg_Bandit

He was in 13 metres right on top of the reef

cheers

BB

Needmorerum

The water doesn't look that bad out there. But I spose, photo's never show the true picture.

Corry

Bundaberg_Bandit

Just thinking that myself, but your right about not showing the worst of it, you should have seen how many photos it took to get that good one

good to see bundy firing, will have to give it a go when the old man and I get back from overseas.

andrew