Thread: Caloundra Wed 28/9

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Caloundra Wed 28/9

Out to the Caloundra 12 mile area on Wednesday with Graham in the old Reef Raider. Tried to find some bait schools but they were a bit scare and small in seize. Eventually found got a good drift over a small patch and picked up some squire/snapper on fresh dead baits. Tried whole large squid but they weren’t as good as the dead baits for some reason.
    Got to about 2pm and after finally jigging a nice size slimey I send that to the bottom on the new T-Curve and it lasted about 60 seconds before getting smashed. The fish took off and warp 7 and never came to the surface for the first 20 minutes. I though tuna but hoped for a cobe but my previous cobes had risen to the surface fairly quickly.
    Graham then informed me that the big ones don’t always play that game. Eventually got some colour and yep, XOS cobe. After the usually eyeing us off several times and speeding away he came to the gaff. Not sure on the weight but it was a bloody solid fish and heavy thanks to the photographer taking his time on the shot. (george payback to coming). Weather really turn it on as well until about 4pm.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Re: Caloundra Wed 28/9

More.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

horse.

well done thats a solid cobia as well as a few nice snappery squire/snapper.
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

ripper cobe there and nice feed of snapper

Love that Cobia. I want one that size. How long does the feeling last when you brought that one in the boat?
    I' would be grinning for a week i'd reckon.
    Oh and the snapper are great too

Angla

That cobe is MASSIVE!!!! some healthy looking snapper adn sweetlip there too.
    Matt

That cobe is MASSIVE!!!! some healthy looking snapper adn sweetlip there too.
    Matt

NeilD

Hey Mick

Why don't you hold the Cobe out at arms length for a better picture???

Thanks for the fillets. I'm just about to try some.[smiley=chef.gif]

Cheers

Neil

bidkev

That's one helluva cobe mate. well done

kev