Thread: noosa - wide+north

noosa - wide+north

Saturday morning 4.30 am i crossed the noosa bar heading roughly NE with a destination approximately 60km's away. I had been given some intelligence regarding a bit of rust i had been looking for ,and saturday morning weather was perfect for going to have a look. This was not a fishing trip in the literal sense of the word but i could not help but take a couple of rods , half a pack of pillies, and five frozen yakka's i had left over from Fraser. The weather was really behaving and 1.45 hours later i had arrived at the approximate area , another hour of sounding had me confident that i had found what i was looking for so i anchored on a very large show of fish rigged up and set about enjoying my self.

The first drop of the pananoster dropper produced 2 cobia of about 6 kg these were returned as i only had the small esky and limited ice , this wasn't supposed to be a fishing trip! I rigged up the bait runner and baited up a semi thawed yakka while waiting continued to fish the bottom this produced cobia after cobia ,then the bait runner started to go off!! The 1.15 hour session produced 5 snappa in the 4-6 kg range , 15 cobia, 3 kings, 20 odd tailor and many rat emperor and one very tired fisherman. I kept only the snappa and some of the tailor but i will be going back. Here's a couple of pics.

Ian

Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Re: noosa - wide+north

the catch

Bloody good effort for a non fishing trip . Maybe we should all not go fishing more often.

So Ian,

Did you jump over the side ?. What depth - is it too deep for me?

Brett

57m

didn't get wet, my mate gets back from japan tonite so if the weather comes good later this week
    Ian

exploration paid off that was a good session on the fish
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trent_Butler

G'day Ian,

Nice fish! Have met you a few times when I was living next door to your brother Craig. Now that he can't use his house restoration as an excuse, we will have to get him out for a fish.

Cheers

Trent
    QFM

Gidday Trent

That brother of mine is of to the land of the long white cloud again this friday, did you know that he's the owner of 50 acre's up near nelson and hopes to be opening the trout fishing-hunting lodge in the next five years. He'll be a handy boy to know then, i'm trying to rack up the fishing credits now and redeem them when he is a full time trout guide. Anyway anytime you want to go for a fish give us a bell.
    Ian

Ian,

Too deep for me afraid at the moment. I really should go and get a bit more trianing and a twin setup. My misses would love me.

No rebreather though -I don't think I'd like that much "shit" going on when my life depended on it.

Brett

nice fish
    dont plan to go fishing
    and u will always bag out

cheers pete

hi ian . . conditions were good sat morn hey.
    i was camping on double island (wish i towed the boat up and not the missus)
    i could see a boat moving north and south about 5km out and about 3/4 way up beach . wondering if you know that area if it,s reefy i normally fish north of
    D I . should explore south if theres reef down there

Ian
    Good to see you got a few on that rust. Turned out a ripper day. Did you see another boat north of you at all. I heard there was a couple in the area as Fella has suggested.

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

You've been quiet greg! Where's your red reports?

Nice catch Ian very well done!

Mitch

hey reefmaster. .. ..

i check the report before i go to work

your pic under ya name gets me dreaming all day
    , cant you put some grinners on there or something

cheers

That trip last saturday turned out to be much much better than i could have ever imagined