Thread: jigging kings part 2

jigging kings part 2

well headed out with the old man today out to tempest for a fish for some nobs, but with a really steep and sh#tty sea we decided to just go to square patch instead and try our luck there.
    with the current doing about 14 knots it was nearly useless baitfishing so i decided to drop a jig down once again
    first drop and on the way up BANG after a nice solid fight up comes a smallish king around the 6kg mark. following this another 4 kings swing over the side as well as 4 bonito all on knife jigs.
    finally the old fellagives in a nd says to me "give me one of them bloody stupid looking things will ya". second drop and he is on not only on but he proceeds to land the biggest king of the day at about 8kg(b$#tard) anyway had a ball on the kings again and now it is time to restock the jigs as 3 are now on the bottom of the ocean somewhere

cheers matt

ps. the only pic dad took (think he was jealous look at that angle?????)

Re: jigging kings part 2

good fish matto

nice king again, post some piccies up of the new machine, it must eat that chop up

redspeckle

matthill80
    Good to see get in some nice kings out there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]catch on square patch
    Shame about losing jigs thats fishing win sum lose sum
    What was the current runnig like out there on tempest were on shallow or deep [smiley=huh2.gif] thinking heading out thier this tuesday to tempest
    Mitch
    SO C'MON THE COWBOYS!

Bundaberg_Bandit

nice fish, sounds like you may have converted your Dad,

how do you use the jigs - is it sink to the bottom then strike up and wind down repeatedly, or just flat out back to the top, I've heard both ways

cheers

BB

Good catch mate, good to see you get into them with the jigs, I will be going out wide off the Tweed on Monday again to get my arms stretched. (hopefully)

I sent you a pm as well.

Cheers Rod

bundy bandit- we drop to the bottom mate and then rip em up as fast as possible while jerking the rod tip up hard work but drives em mad

we didnt get to tempest but i would asay the current would be running just as hard mate
    good luck on mon roderick

cheers matt