Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER 5 snappa ....

ANOTHER 5 snappa ....

A trip organized to fish the “BARWONS” on Saturday [ keep this one to myself] ..
    Arrived at Mooloolabah around 4.00am to be greeted by a localized thunder storm.. . with lighting and wind gusts around 20 kts and a report from the coast guard that boats had experience winds up to 25 kts during the nite on the banks…

Launch and headed off … a slow trip with very sloppy seas and motor revs below 3000.

Pitch black except for the lighting showing us the way…. A matter of hanging on for a couple of hours until we arrived...the 21 foot Haines performed brilliantly
    Fishing conditions were not that bad and “snappa” came over the side on the first drop and we had our bag limit in short time and a move required to find a different Varity but “no luck” as we targeted parrot.
    We managed to snare a tag Jew and pig fish…
    My catch was 5 snappa for approx 16 kgs …..
    "whats the time"

Re: ANOTHER 5 snappa ....

the "5"
    "whats the time"

Broadening your horizons Pete,

Same result I see - nice work

brett

no matter what i do i seem to catch snappa

went over a patch of pearlies and ken pulled them and guess what i pulled a snappa out of the batch....

"whats the time"

Well done snappa, sounds like a hard trip, so glad you got amongst them

Mark

At least you got a good feed Pete, sounds like conditions were pretty average. It makes for a long trip out when conditions are crappy.

Dave

Nice!!! Well done.

Dave

well done pete. 5 nice snappa there. you go fishing straight after work? or do you really love working that much. i see you got your work shirt on

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Nice snap's Pete from the sounds im glad that i pulled the pin on the trip.....
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hi pete
    snappa dont care about rough conditions

cheers pete

Pete,

I reckon this year I've taken more pearlies on squid when both the snaps and pearls are on. Try some whole small squid but if the snaps are thick and hungry not much will pass them.

Well done ... well done indeed.. one day I nail a knobby though not much chanch of that of the rocks at hastings point
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Mate the snappa have been thick this year and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. I might try floating a pillie out in my pool because i've caught them everywhere else this year
    Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

nice work snappa,
    trip out under 3000 revs hows the fuel

Lacey

Great effort to go out that far in those conditions. A quick question how long did it take at those revs as Im keen to go from Noosa but would like more info and would it be better to head out from down your way?

Lacey Bluedog