Thread: Nundah Ck Flatties

chanquetas

Nundah Ck Flatties

Spent the morning in Nundah Ck chasing Flatties around. Got a few, letting them all go except one. Got him on a Manns Stretch 5 in pink.

Need a beer and a rest now....

Re: Nundah Ck Flatties

Nice work mate!

Although I heard that there were some interesting levels of (I think) Cadmium in that creek....? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

chanquetas

Great, thats all I need.....

I could be very wrong mate.... (It's been known to happen )

Hopefully someone can confirm...

chanquetas

Oh well. Its not like I eat fish from there everyday. Cadmium....how bad can that be.....???
    It sounds harmless......hhmmmmm.
    Perhaps I need to go on more scientific fishing trips.....just purely for research of course....

Giday Chanquetas,
    couldn't find any info on cadmium in nundah creek, but its probably not a chemical you want to much of in your blood stream. From what i read on google, i am not sure if high levels of that chemical are that harmless... But flathead are beautiful eating...
    Cheers Fritzy

chanquetas

Thanks Fritzy.

Do you reckon the Flatties live solely in the Creek, or would they spend a fair bit of their time out in the bay playing with all the other fishies?

Good question mate.
    Have to do some more research. Probably right though, i would guess that they would spend a fair bit of time out in the bay, and come into the creeks to spawn, and as juveniles. Dunno but, maybe some fish do live their whole lives in the one creek. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than us can help out.
    Cheers Fritzy

Not sure about Nundah Ck, but Kedron Brook is definately cadmium contaminated. Google around for Cadmium and Kedron Brook - you'll find heaps. Apparently it's the run off from the airport and the gateway m/way that causes the contamination.