Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spin season finally warming up ( pics added )

Spin season finally warming up ( pics added )

Was a magic weekend on the water !

Went out on an LT hunt ....didn't find any , but plenty of BIG SOLID mac tuna up the Bribie banks
    Made for a bit of fun on the light spin gear ...Didn't get the target fish , but an enjoyable weekend on the spin none the less ......only going to get better form here ...BRING ON the screaming reels !

also took a few school mackeral around the tuna , and a few rat kings off the beakers , #dozen sandies in the passage on friday along with a few decent lizards

Re: Spin season finally warming up

look's like Bribie is agreeing with your requirements i got told that the sandies had died right off at Bribie.
    say no more to the word of mouth
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Worst weather i have ever seen #> #

and even more crapp

macky

Yet another bent rod

results ..another SOLID macky

Mid fight refreshments .....can't forget to hydrate yourself in this heat

Yeh Spiro ...I'm in my elimant !!!

The sandies are there ....but seemingly only on the second half of the run up would you believe ....very odd.
    out the front plenty of jennies , we were catching them all on the bank straight outfront of spinnaker .

OF COURSE THEY WOULD NOT BE THERE ANYMORE

Re: Spin season finally warming up ( pics added )

Looks like a good time Billo. We were at the beacons on sat, same deal, no LT but heaps of solid mac tuna........good way to spend a day

Good post there Billo, You seem to have the right attitude for the job at hand.
    And some great quality pic's to top it off for us viewers and readers.

Keep the reports coming

Angla

hey billo , i hope that bloke holding the beer wasn't the designated driver

cheers
    jason
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

nice fish billo, might head out on the weekend to give the light gear a run. Were there many out there or were they patchy? how heavy line do ya use?

Nice one Billo, nothing better then downing a Rumbo on cracker of a day #. Just waiting for those spotties to rear there heads # [smiley=whip.gif] and i'll be up there #

G'day Scott ....yeh they were a bit patchy , coming on the bite around 3 hours prior to the hight tide , then dying off again as the sun got high in the sky .
    They shut down a lot yesterday , but that would have something do with the moon phase i guess ....this week i will be giving it a miss..but will be back at them next week on the build to the full moon .
    Most were up around the spoil grounds about 5 km up the beach , but we did not venture as far as the M8...may be the Lt's were hiding up near caloundra
    We were using 4kg .....but that was to get a few fish on board with the girls sitting at home , didn't want to play em foir too long ....i would use 3kg as a standard though ....give em an advantage
    but would not dare go under 5kg for the LT's untill i get a few more under the belt
    They were hitting the darker lures in the morn -14g geralds or sea rocks , but as they became finicky we dropped down to 7 gram white sea rocks .

Black Rat ...there were quite a few school mackeral sitting in under the scum lines and feeding around the tuna ....we got a couple on small trolled minnows whilst waiting for the bust ups ....but it's not as exilirating as hitting the surface smashers is it !...i don't normally like chasing mackies ....dirty little bastards ....but i was keen for a spin , and with none in the area under 5kg , they gave us some good runs ...

Jason , that guy holding the RUM was not driving ...more like the designated piss head and he was loving it ! up from Sydney , so he was happy to hear a screaming reel or ten on the spin ...beats what they normally get served up !