Thread: Good Day at the Pin 01/10/05

Good Day at the Pin 01/10/05

Went for my second fish at the Pin bar on Saturday with a mate who hadn’t fished here before. #We met at the ramp a bit before 5AM and were at the bar around 5:30AM. #The wind was light and the tide was still rising when we started our first drift. #Not long into it I had a hit on my pumpkinseed Turtleback Worm and I initially thought it was a good flathead. #There were a few knocks on the line that had me wondering, and after a short fight a nice little jew was netted safely aboard. #At 58cm it was no horse, but it was the first one I had ever caught, and to catch it on a plastic on my bream gear made it all the more memorable. #It was my mates turn next and he got a smaller jew of around 35cm, and it was a first on plastic for him too, so he was very happy. #Needless to say that the day had started well, and even if we didn’t catch another fish we would have gone home happy. #As it was we got a few more flathead to 60cm while the tide was falling. #Everything slowed down while to tide stopped, so it was time for a bite of breakfast while we waited for the tide to turn. #When it did we positioned ourselves for a drift and came up trumps with 2 more flathead with the best going a touch under 72cm. #A bloke in the boat drifting behind us was having a great day and we watched him land a snodger of 81cm (overheard him talking when he was measuring it). #Anyway after the first drift we couldn’t get anymore fish so we moved on. #We landed a few more flathead between 50 and 62 cm for the morning in the channels further south, and headed home at 12 very happy with the days results.

I hope the photo works.......

Re: Good Day at the Pin 01/10/05

Well done, like you said it was no horse but it is a great to break your duck on Jewies

A great way to spend 1/2 day by the sounds of it, well done.
    Regards Cameron.

Nice one # I caught my first jewie there last year, oh the memories.............. haven't caught one there since # well done

Good one bud great fish on sp. Beaut fish to get.

No horse, but I'd be more than happy with that... actually I'd be happy with the 35 cm one.

Top effort [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] My jewie count is still sitting on zero, hopefully not for to much longer!!! Was with Black Rat on that memorable night last year when he caught his first, he still won't let it rest!!!!!