Thread: Currimundi -  Barracutta & Burley

westie

Currimundi -  Barracutta & Burley

Got to the ramp 6am, and the new Deckie (Beau) was there keen as mustard first trip off shore here, conditions near perfect we are set to have a great and memorable days fishing. Beau drove the boat out from the ramp as I got things underway in the bait and rig area.
    Off to curra's we go spotted some bait on the surface 15 min in to the trip and stopped short of them and said to Deckie could you grab me the Flick stick so up out of the seat and C R A S H down he goes on all 4's ( sea legs had not kicked it yet ) passes the rod but by then the bait had gone down, so off again got out there and found some shows on the sounder and started a drift, cut the motor, and before I had put a hand on the rod Beau ( Barracutta) started his own Burley trail and frm then on it just continued by this time I had hit the bottom and Bump Bump This is good I think, some solid hits deckie had got a line in by now and I said Ok up line and we will go and anchor up any way, cut the story short, things just did not improve as that sound of the stomack linning trying to part company started , the boy was running on empty the gut was dry, a feeling many of us have suffered from time to time and know things start getting real bad from now on. So yep off we set for home it would have to be the shortest fishing trip I have ever done, and one that Beau will want to forget, I have now gone and bought some pills to keep on the boat for Trainee deckies or for round 2 for the 2nd trip for Beau

Sorry....... I know I should have taken Photo's.

But HOW FAR DO YOU GO when breaking in a new Deckie?

Would you have stayed and made him suffer with photo's?
    Or be like me and have pitty on the Deckie?

Re: Currimundi - #Barracutta & Burley

Bit of a sorry tale Westie Shame you didn't get to fish. I would have made him suffer for a little while, but not too long, given it wasn't too far out If I was out at the Banks then I would point him to the bunks and give him a bucket .... and keep fishing

Mark

When you have been where Beau's been you know just how desparate you are to be taken back to calm water. Been there done that - so I would take pity on the deckie. Some people are simply not cut out for ocean fishing - I am a bit that way myself. Beau needs to decide if he wants to persevere - or become a calm water fisho.

Dave

I did the same on my second attemtp at the banks. Though deckie had been out heaps before. Stopped to get some bait and he stared to look a bit green.He went under the front for a rest and I tried to motor around without sending him through the canopy. Damn near impossible. So off back to the ramp we go. He made up for it on the next trip scoring the best fish of the day. Must have been something he ate the night before.

Dave

harden em up mate once u are there thats it i recun

cheers matt

DaneCross

Beau was lucky he wasn't on my boat. I've had many a decky spend many an hour lying on the deck moaning and groaning while me (and more often than not, JB) continued fishing... I rekon its all in their mind

I get sick from time to time but i keep fishing cause i love it so much! I have only really had one guy who was sick on the boat and we made him stick it out cause the cobes were coming up his burley trail!

Mitch

its not a good feeling
    I think the main question is what did he eat the night before?
    and how affective was his burley trail?

LOL
    Daniel

tuna sangers are th G O when you know your decky is gonna be burleying up

bidkev

Westie, you're just an old softy mate Should've put him through his paces another hour or so then he'd build up an immunity

Nah, you did right mate. It's an awful feeling when you get it bad. Next time get him to take a kwells the night before and one before he leaves. Seems to work with my little one.

cheers

kev

Sif give him another go.
    I ban sick people from my trips unless they can prove themselves.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Show me the Snapper!

Re: Currimundi -  Barracutta & Burley

Westie

I dont get sick
    But i feel real sorry for those that do, I usually come back pretty soon and discharge them on land.
    It all depends on how sick they are and how far you have travelled
    Remember it is usually more embarrassing for them they think they have spoilt your day.

Which they have.

Cheers Mark

You have done the right thing.
    People go fishing together and if somebody is in a bad and wants to go back it's part of life that the team should head home.

westie

Guys I have no doubt Beau feel bad for spoiling a day on the water and if it happens again, I would do the same for him or anyone else. Fishing is an hobby to me not an obsession.
    Next time he comes and there will be a next time,we will do the Inners or Murphys and pick our days.

I must say I am concerned he has been it the boat twice fishing with me and on both occasions Zip, Nil, No, None,00, fish. He is working up to a 3 strikes and your out, so the preasure is on mate I can feel another trip coming on and you better step up to the plate and hit a home run.