Thread: Jacks on the chew

Jacks on the chew

Last two weekends up the Daintree have fished well for all fish bar Grunter which have been a bit quiet although we still got a nice one Sunday.
    The Jacks and Fingermark have been biting well though and a couple of nice fish have been landed in amongst the dozens (yep that many) of lost fish. Just a pity the weather wasn't good enough for the big boys (Fingermark) out wide. Oh well, next new moon

Re: Jacks on the chew

nice work how big did that one you are holding go?

the jack seems to be in great condition nice catch

nice coloured jack there mate
    hope they come on the chew down south as well

cHiCo

Arghhhh i need to get home, about 7 weeks more...

Geez, I hope your not complaining about that!? Cheers

Golf clap people. Nice work.

Got me thinking now................................mmmmmmmmm...... .maybe this sunday!

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

gogecko

Daintreeboy, do jacks bite better on the new moon? Is tonite still close enough to the new moon?

I don't normally target jacks at this size but did the last two weekends only at the last spot. Like most fish they bite better around the full and new moons (beeter tides) and I believe the lead up to both is better than the few days after. I also think the new moon is better than the full and that applies to most fish this way. Again, not an expert on them though.
    Cheers, Mark
    PS Chemster, didn't weigh or measure it but I'd say about 42 to 43 cm.

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Nice looking jack there Mark, bit smaller than your average though (damn reef closure).

cheers,

steve

luckily that one wasn't mine so my average is still looking good lol . I deckied for a couple of newbies. The guy in the pic hasn't fished much and his gear was @#^@@. He loved it! got blown away by a few and nabbed a couple along the way.
    Cheers, Mark

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

yeah thinking about giving the inlet a try tomorrow. Still a bit windy to head out to the reef. Looking good for the weekend though. Noticibly hotter the last couple of days so might get some action happening

cheers,

steve

was on the inlet today actually but for work so no lines in. Very frustrating as the water looked quite fishy. Water temp was about 26 mate so not a bad idea.
    keep us posted.
    Cheers, Mark.