Thread: Barwons Saturday[late report]

Barwons Saturday[late report]

Late report for the Barwon Banks. Headed up late Friday afternoon to stay at my brothers place, so we could get an early start. The drive up was pretty crappy, there about 3 road incidents on the way up, and while this slowed things up a little, it was the rubberneckers that really slowed things down > [trip took 3 hours] Arrived at the brothers place at 8pm, had beer and pizza waiting The smart members of the crew went to bed early ready for the 3.30am start. We delayed launching the boat by about 1/2 an hour as there was a fair bit of lightening and wind around. Conditons on the way out was bit joggly.
    Crew of the day was best mate from Dalby, Paul and Johnny A. just back from overseas and keen to try one of our new reels,[Diawa sealine-x]. Anchored up around 5.30am. It was not long before a few snapper started coming aboard, it also was not long before Paul started providing his own special orange berley trail # I did not think twisties was a great breaky choice The fish did not stay on the bite long, but did manage to get my first coronation trout [I think? please confirm pic.]. It makes you think what if we had started fishing an hour earlier? I had a function to get to and we pulled the pin at 10am and headed for home.
    The new reels preformed well, the reels have inbuilt linecounters and when floatlining, you have the ability to establish the depth where the fish are biting and pass that info on to the other guys in the boat. When I'm fishing I find I need all the help I can get
    See you on the water Troy

Re: Barwons Saturday

Pretty sure this a coronation trout

The new secret weapon

Good feature on the reel zulu, what brand and what are they worth.
    Nice fish 2

Cheers steven
    Cheers

Steven

Steven,[ Diawa sealine-x SL-X50HC linecounter] bought one of these reels about 18 months ago, paid about $300, since then they have dropped in price. Bought 4 recently from a certain online W.A. store, paid $200 each delivered, normally $219.
    cheers Troy

Yep, pretty sure thats a coronation trout. How much line does the reel hold? Looks to be a little beauty.....till the battery runs out.
    wat does it run off?
    Matt

Matt, on the specs sheet for the reel they reckon the battery will last at least 5 years Reels have about 350m 0f 40lb mono.

Re: Barwons Saturday[late report]

Good stuff Troy
    You got yourself a nice Coronation Trout there mate. It's amazing how many the banks hold.

Was there much current where you were?

Myself and Outsider headed out Sat afternoon through the south passage and found it rough and windy so we stayed behind Shag rock for night for a snooze and headed out first thing in the morning to fish the southern cathedrals for a good catch of Trag jew but only half hour through the morning a very very strong current line moved in and made it almost unfishable with more then 4 knots of current so the fishing stopped and we spent a few hours looking for new ground. . Be interested if you guys had the current up there on Sat.

Talk to you soon

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

nice trout
    great fishin

cheers pete

G'Day Greg, as you know I often give fish I catch away to friends and family, when my wife saw the trout, she said '' your not giving that away'' We had fresh coral trout a few times and reckon it is pretty hard to beat The current was reasonable and workable on the day, then when we moved about 400m [where I caught the red last time] around 9am found the current to be running the other way Wish we could have stayed longer. While its great fishing the Banks, we do miss fishing that place up the beach a bit
    Troy

Ahhh heaven Troy
    I think you just ruined my day with that pick

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

g,day zulu.. great trout , i,ve yet to jag one ..

i love that pic , my favourite launching spot
    bring on 4 weeks time

cheers
    guy

Thanks boys. Guy how long you going up for? camping?