Thread: seaway flatties

Point_Blank

seaway flatties

hey guys

went for a quick run today with a couple of mates to the southport seaway. was very quite to start with but we ended up getting 5 we got a 48, 58, 60, 65 and an 80cm they definatly arent as thick as a couple of weeks back and they are much thinner now so they must have spawned.

all were caught on atomic 6" shads in black and silver(as pictured) and black and gold with 2 ounce and 1.5 ounce Mc Cubbin heads.

benny j

Point_Blank

Re: seaway flatties

Photo of 80cm flattie.

bidkev

Good goin' benny and lovely pic of the lizards colouring.

kev

on ya mate
    nice fish

great work the conditions look good was it ever windy?

Point_Blank

it was good all morning but in the arvo the north easter got up a little bit wasnt to bad but

benny j

good fish bud, sounds like a red hot session. Those 6 inch atomics work tops for those big uns mate.

Nice fish, was there much tidal flow?
    Matt

i better get a lizard this weekend. favourite eating ..,,,mouth watering dude nice catch

Hey benny,

AWESOME EFFORT!! Makes me wanna get out there with the big plastics even more!! CONGRATS

FINCHO

What weight gear (rods, line) were you using to cast those frickin big jigheads ?

Point_Blank

mattooty
    there was a bit of run when we first arrived but it soon slackened off and the we caught the fish.

mjc85
    mate i use 20-30lb braid with 8kg plus rods. i do this for a couple of reasons, the first is obviously because of the size of the head and the second is purely to drive the hook in! these heads have very big hooks and with light line these hooks are near impossible to set. so i use heavy line and stiff rods to get a solid hookset, then once the hook is driven home i back the drag off.

benny j

gogecko

I agree, you need that size jighead to handle the current in the seaway. Someones trained you well. Good on you.

top fish benny looks like i might have to get me some of them to add to the collection

cheers matt