Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redcliffe Snapper on SPs from Kayak

chanquetas

Redcliffe Snapper on SPs from Kayak

Woohoo! Ok they are really Squire, but from a kayak and on 6lb these things go like freight trains.
    Took off from Margate boat ramp and caught the bream within minutes. Then took off for the beacon towing a Manns 5 which landed a nice Mackeral. Wasnt sure what brand of Mackeral it was and it was only 50cm so back it went.

Got to the beacon, passing 3 other kayak fishermen on the way.
    Decided to take the advice of Dezza who regularly posts the great snapper he gets out in the Recliffe shallows, and went to 4" and 5" plastics with 1/4 jigheads. This way we were right on the bottom bouncing along, and it worked a treat.

Plastics used were 4" Berkley Power Minnow in Pearl Watermelon, and 5" Eco Ball-Eye in black. 2 Squire and the Flattie fell for the Eco. Never used it before but my fishing mentor reckons squire love it!

Total for the day was:

1 Bream
    1 Mackeral
    5 Squire (biggest 47cm)
    1 Tailor
    1 Flathead
    1 Grinner

All legal size bar the Mackeral.

Had a great day, and a great feed last night!

chanquetas

Re: Redcliffe Snapper on SPs from Kayak

The Mackeral...anyone know what sort it is? Im thinking School Mack.

chanquetas

My missus with a little Squire.

chanquetas

Squire on Black Eco Ball Eye.

chanquetas

The boats.

Unreal mate well done
    the kayak setup youve got there is very impressive
    morty

good stuff it must be great to be able to go for a quick paddle and come back with a nice feed for a few nights.
    that mack looks abit like a schoolie to me.

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

did you eat the grinner

aquarius

Good effort mate.......You have alot going for you in those kayaks......stealth....keeps ya fit and best of all no fuel bills...lol
    Have you tried the berkley pumpkinseed 3" gulps.......squire go nuts over them!!!
    Cheers Brent

Yes it is a school Mackeral, you can tell by the black on the top of the dorsal fin. They also have a more of a splotch (if you what I mean) than a spot, on there there sides.

bidkev

Nice report and good pics mate. You and the missus look as happy as pigs in sh!t Well done

kev

good effort, thank god i got a merc
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chanquetas

Hey, We'll never get to Barwon or Tempest in a kayak, but they're bloody good fun all the same!

Funny thing is...yesterday morning after the local markets at West End my missus says "Do you want to go fishing now?". So we did.

And tomorrow Im taking my neighbour fishing in the creek for Bream and Flathead, and my missus is staying home to work around the house! Man, I must have done something right.

Its a bloody good life is all I can say....

Tight lines all.

Nice work Chanquetas! Very nice squire!

You weren't fishing around the exposed rocks on Saturday around lunchtime were you? We pulled up in an old haines with a 100HP yammie on the back... Guy had a chuckle as I threw out a plastic and said "You don't expect to catch anything here do ya?".... Interesting comment as he was fishing there himself...

chanquetas

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan
    Nice work Chanquetas! Very nice squire!

You weren't fishing around the exposed rocks on Saturday around lunchtime were you? We pulled up in an old haines with a 100HP yammie on the back... Guy had a chuckle as I threw out a plastic and said "You don't expect to catch anything here do ya?".... Interesting comment as he was fishing there himself...
    Heheheh.....No Dan, wasnt us. Were u up off Scarborough?