Thread: Jiggin Kings last week GC

TIGER

Jiggin Kings last week GC

Went out to a mark in 65m of water off stradie to see if I could jig something up, found some bait on the sounder and sent a lure down to investergate, it came back up (with some grunting ) and a 8kg mack tuna. Good morning warm up. Next drop hooked up hard with anti reverse making bad noises, after a few minutes of pain a nice kingy aboard.

TIGER

Re: Jiggin Kings last week GC

11kg King

adriancorrea

Not a bad effort, well done
    Good days work

Tight Lines
    Adrian

TIGER

Got smoked the next couple of times, but just had to keep trying. Another solid hook up and with thunbs firmly jammed on the spool (trinadad tn30 75lb braid diawa saltiga rod ) managed to drag up one more before calling it quits

That is a good effort. Just 1 question. what sort of retreive do you do with the jig that you find works best.
    The reason I ask is because I have never jigged before but I bought 2 jigs the other week to give it a go.

Angla

HARD & FAST & SHARP

In the first pic are you tying off to the heavey end of the jig with your leader and assist?

TIGER

its just the way there shaped. its actully heavey end down, thats a 300g zest and you jig hard and fast. Dont think it matters witch way so long as there hungry

TIGER

After the anti reverse failure the trinadad has retired to lighter duties and a Diawa Z40 should take the squark out of them

The Trinidad is a prety cheap fix as long as the one way bearing didn't do to many turns backwards even then it won't break the bank,I think I did about 6anti reverse palls in mine and a one way bearing before I went with a Saltiga.

TIGER

Unfortunatly it did about 100mph in reverse chicking away but with the drag backed off slightly and lots of thumb it lasted the day. the new saltiga with its 14kg of drag will test me!

yeh mate the saltiga is the reel to have i luuurve mine i have heard the trinidads do fail a bit when using them for jigging.
    top fish there makes me wanna go out again real soon

cheers matt

since when did you buy a saltiga ?