Thread: RED CLAW IN NORTH PINE DAM

RED CLAW IN NORTH PINE DAM

Has anyone fished North Pine dam recently for RED CLAW.

Re: RED CLAW IN NORTH PINE DAM

Not recently but this time last year we used to get heaps, filling a brickies bucket full of em

caught heaps this year there. not botherd anymore tho they ain't the best eatting or parrot bait
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not recently, but the warm weather should get them going. I was out there stocking up on snub nose gar about a month ago and there were a couple of guys checking pots that had been out all night. They told me they had been getting quite good results all through the winter. The water level is getting pretty low out there. I'm not sure how that will affect them. I have a couple of big ones in aquariums at home and they are starting to get active again after sitting almost motionless for the last four months.
    Cheers Freeeedom

yeah they should be starting to show up now. and the water levels may play a big part this summer with most of the crays burrows being exposed and they are losing all there hiding spots. may be difficult to get a decent catch. cheers steve

I dropped eight pots at Forgan Cove a week or so back with nothing to show except a few guppies. Not even a shrimp for the tank at home. Oh well.

I did note there was not much weed around

Cheers

Mark

Where abouts at the North Pine Dam can you put pots in? I went for a drive there yesterday and all the areas I could find were fenced off
    Shane

Forgan cove or bulucky rest are your best options

I'll check the UBD again tonight.
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by freddies
    Has anyone fished North Pine dam recently for RED CLAW.

try petrie dam there are thousands of big crays living there. went about 2 months ago and came home with a full 20 litre bucket of them. opera house traps are the best bet and you must go at nite. but be careful there is always a good chance that your car may be trashed cause u hav to leave it unnatended and walk to the dam. cheers steve

Petrie dam? Where about is the Petrie dam? So many dams, so little time
    Shane

The_Walrus

I assume Petrie Dam is Lake Kurwonbah. On your right just after the Petrie markets.

Luc

Oh, I went and checked it out on the weekend also. Thought I might go there again and walk all the way around flicking a lure.
    Shane