Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sailfish Shootout

Fisher_Boats

Re: Sailfish Shootout

It was good to meet all the ausfishers at the comp.
    Pity about the weather and fishing
    There's always next year I guess.
    At least we had a bit of fun with the Mako, they are angry buggers that's for sure. >
    Missed getting a pic of it jumping.

Cheers Col

Pic of Jay hooked up.

Fisher_Boats

The things you do when the fishing's quiet.

jees col

those friday afternoon appointments at the salon have taken 40 years off your complection

Despite the unfavorable weather and unobliging sails it was good to catch up with everyone. I am looking forward to the next.

Steve

Gee - that was short Steve

MY first tournament so it was great to see what actually happens.

I turn up to see a big oranage plate boat on the wharf. It could only be one of two people and sure enough the other person turns up just minutes later . Great to meet Lee finally and his big mate Jim. Good to talk to Col and the boys again and it was great to see Jay's Mako catch rewarded with a special prize during the presentation.

The infamous Smithy turned out to be everything I thought and a fish is now called for to extract a bit of that knowledge. Saw CJ a few times and also met some new people.

Despite the poor fishing (we managed 5 fish in the boat but no scorers - 2 cobes and 3 mac tuna) there were heaps of prizes on offer. I was lucky enough to make last man standing and made it through to the top 20. I walked away with a very handy C Map chart from Ballina to Darwin. My two for around Brisbane and Gladstone are now for sale - very cheap .

Brooksy I think we need to fish more to improve our chance - wonder what our wifes will say.

One thing I did learn. It's amazing how many friends you make late at night after the word goes around you have two kegs in the boat

Brett