Thread: Moreton Bay 11/10

Moreton Bay 11/10

Went chasing tuna near Tangalooma this morning. Greeted with approx 5 knots of wind for the morning making a great day to be out. Arrived just on slack tide around 7.30am and proceeded to catch 2 of the largest catfish I have ever seen.......had them down as sharks prior to seeing them boatside. Smelly bloody things!!!!

After the tide starting running in the action increased with both me and the deckie have several solid runs but only one solid hookup which was sharked after approximately 10 minutes of battle (small longtail approx 5 kg). Had to leave at 11.00am due to work with a dead flat calm sea all the way back to Cleveland.

Interestingly there was very little action on the surface today.... only a few small bonito breaking the surface in the shipping channel. Last week we lost count of the number of schools of pelagics breaking the surface from HA all the way to the beacons.

Hopefully get out again later in the week to try the locating the longtails again.

Cheers

Re: Moreton Bay 11/10

have had a weeks holiday in england for my brothers wedding and was hoping everyone had crappy weather. damn. will be speaking to huey later on.

love it when its slicked out.

andrew