Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not even boating....

Re: Not even boating....

Hi Dan
    So that was where you had been when you nearly ran over me on Saturday
    They say that your worst day fishing is still better than your best day at work but if you add a full night of rough weather to no fish i am not really convinced
    Cheers J_L

Sportfish_5

Quote Originally Posted by sunny
    Dunno, Jeremy.
    Dan gave it to me and I did some steaks in a lemon, soy and ginger marinade. I know mack tuna isn't supposed to be tasty, but done like a beef steak they were pretty fine.

I'll give you 10/10 for eating one of them

EWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mishinoffishin

Conditions looked like they were begining to bahave, but a bit late by sounds of it. Scary stuff hitting those invisible waves on a new moon . I wear the wrist kill band on dark nights after nearly leaving my boat during a solo mission.
    At least SOMETHING came aboard Dan. Gonna make it all that much better when you land them whopper Longtails this summer .
    Cheers, Jay's bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfish_5
    I'll give you 10/10 for eating one of them #

EWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hehehehe. They remind me of similar small tuna we used to catch in South Africa. The trick is to prepare them properly.

Basically, bleed it proprely, cut out all the really dark meat, remove that row of sinews from the fillet and then marinate it to death. When you cook it, treat it like beef steak, do it quickly on very high heat.

It's still not up there with the real table fish, but it's not too bad like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishin_of_fishin
    Scary stuff hitting those invisible waves on a new moon . I wear the wrist kill band on dark nights after nearly leaving my boat during a solo mission.
    Yeah. I've learned my lesson with that now. No way will I leave the kill switch loose in conditions like that again.

HaHa Ha Ha, 4 bacons and a nasty chop. Butcher was busy that day.

boyzie

looked like a great day!!!!

boyzie

better you than me