Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bay Speedies?

Bay Speedies?

has anyone seen any good shows for the bay as yet/
    there are reports for the top end but bottomand middle are still report for the bottom dwellers.
    im after Macks and Tuna?
    Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Re: Bay Speedies?

me too waiting................

Starting to appear. Early in the week some macks and long tails around Mud, end of the run way and around the four beacons.

Cheers Steven
    Cheers

Steven

Sportfish_5

Plenty of horse mack tunas off Bribie atm - follow the birds

I think these hot northerlies will bring them down earlier this year. Let's only hope. [smiley=cool.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Cheers, Mike.

yeah they should be coming in the bay soon. it should be a good season for them with temperatures already warming up. cheers steve

Sportfish_5

Dont worry about the winds and current temps

The SST is all we need to wait for

Come on down hot water and bring the bait

There were alot of macs around the middle of the bay last weekend....

Reports from my old man in Rocky is there is heaps of bait working in the the Keppel Bay area. Big spotties arrived there on the weekend.

Boys going to the 1770 m&g should get amongst them.

Should be a ripper season.

And there were some monsters in the schools. Never mind the size of the one Dan is holding in his avatar

building moon nest week and with these temps , i will be out on an LT hunt next week without a doubt

as stated before and on my last report from last weekend .....HORSE macks around Bribie ...absolute bruisers ! heaps of fine on the light gear .

There is so much bait up here it is not funny !

Mishinoffishin

Reports have been a little scattered in the bay over recent weeks, with one angler reporting schools of tuna busting up all over the place and the next reporting that it was like a virtual desert out there. I guess it is just a case of being in the right spot at the right stage of the tide.

The Lucinda Bay to Curtain Artificial is where most of the action has apparently been concentrated, with schools of mack tuna working hard on the surface at times and a few longtails tagging along to clean up the scraps. Most anglers have had difficulty in getting hook-ups but there have been enough fish caught to make the effort worthwhile.

There is still a few school mackerel to be caught around the St.Helena and Green Island areas with drifted pillies being the most consistent way to get results. The top end of the Rous Channel would also be worth a look.

Try jigging the beacons in the northern bay, as these often hold a few school mackerel as well. There may be the odd spotty around but the big schools of these shouldn’t turn up for at least a month or more. Make sure you can tell the difference between school and spotted mackerel as they have different bag limits and minimum legal lengths.

Cheers, Jay's bro

What did you copy that out of?

bidkev

Yeah, It's been pretty strange like jay's bro has said...........desert someplace, boiling at others.

Last two trips I saw heaps of bait boils from 4 beacons North to Comboy and planty of macs breaking surface. Last trip out I chased macs all the way back to about a k out from nundah.

The strange thing is that I must've put 2 hrs in at the beacons on both trips without one livie to show for it, when normally the beacons would've been thick with them. The same at tangalooma and the ledge......not a one? last trips out I've been deadbaiting only........where the hell do the little buggers go to?

A couple of weeks ago was catching macks 5-7kgs and longtails 8-15kgs at Harvey Bay. Now mackeral have started up in the last few days.