Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bay Speedies?

Re: Bay Speedies?

Moreton Bay - a dozen schoolies in the boat by 9am on Monday 3rd. They were all a good size and some large ones in there as well.

Kind regards Trevor

Yes the SST Charts are looking good for an early summer silly season. We've been fishing out wide most of the week and the current is hooking along, but, the most important thing is it is turquoise blue and 23 dgc. Lots of small Mahi Mahi around the fish traps (and my personal FAD) Today seen some explosive attacks on schools of sea gar in 45 fathoms. Still able to fish the bottom for snapper, pearlies and some honking big Kingies.
    Bring on the summer speedsters.
    Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

David_P

A couple of weeks ago was catching macks 5-7kgs and longtails 8-15kgs at Harvey Bay. Now mackeral have started up in the last few days

You bloody rippa... A mate and I are heading up Wathumba way on Wednesday night for a few days. Was hoping the mackeral would put in an appearance.

Dave.

that looking good for the next few weeks.
    Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

10knots forecast for wednesday morning, if they've got it right I'll be having a poke around the rous channel.

Fished from peel up to the rous channel. Tuna and bonito everywhere, also a few mackeral. The rous channel is full of bait but it is very small (3-4cm). Unfortunately the schools were very skitish and didn't stay on the surface long enought to have a good shot at them. There was however a large school of what i have concluded were australian salmon on the east side of peel, got one each to the boat before they dived down and didn't resurface

great
    good to hear
    the Tuna?
    are they long tails or macktuna?
    looks like ill have to wait till im back from barra fishing to chaase the tuna .
    Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Looked like mostly long tails up to 5-6kg (guess), but it is possible some of the schools where macks, also some very large bonito