Thread: moreton bay

moreton bay

hey guys has anyone had any luck fishing the bay around the islands lately if so what sort of fish, time and bait were they using. im heaidn out saturday so any info would help. also are there any mackeral out there yet. cheers steve

Re: moreton bay

Hey Big Steve, missed you last night.

Johnny and I went out yesterday. #Not much happening just tiny little fish pinching my bait. #Johnny rigged up an egg beater, tossed in a bait and set the rod down on the floor with about a foot or so sticking up above the side of the boat. #He went to organise the drinks. #A second later there was a bang and a crash and the rod was gone and we could just see a bubble trail heading south towards Cleveland #Something big was down there!

If anyone trawls up a rod and reel near Wello Point - it's Johnny's!!!

Only thing I caught was a seagull that kept diving down on my bait. #After this happened half a dozen times I decided to strike hard and got him! #He didn't put up much of a fight on 8lb line and I got the hook out (of his tongue) quite easily. #Threw him back as he looked undersized! #He flew off and never bothered my baits again.

No fish - plenty of rum though

Chris.

mate i saw heaps of long tails and spotty macks workin first light at mud last weekend..heaps of them!

DeeGee

Are you sure they were Spotties ??. #It seems a bit early in the year for them to be in the bay in serious numbers, but it woud be good if they were. # # Cheers, DeeGee.