Thread: what a day

what a day

hi guys
    my son wanted to go fishing on my brothers trawler at ulladulla yesterday so i took him left home at 2am got to ulladulla at 2.45 it was blown ne 15kts so we went out not to bad we shot the nets away and tow for 3 hours down past durras and winch up we got 12 boxs of fish 6 boxs of flathead, 2 boxs of angel shark 2boxs of red fish 1 box of cuttle fish 1 box of mix. so we turn around and shot away again we tow for about 1 hour then the wind came from the nw 20kts 1 hour later the wind was up to 30kts to 40 kts so we tow for a hour more to let the wind drop but it didnt so we whinch up by now the wind was between 40 to 50 kts it was white everwhere wave coming over the back of the boat we got 14 box that shot 6 flathead 1 john dory 2 angel shark 1 mowong 4 mix.but we did have a good day seen a lot of whales jumping we were out in 65 fathoms between ulladulla and brush island.i got a good feed of fish. i havent been trawling for a few years now and it was good to have the day with my brother but i think i stay on my own boat it was a bit sh@t out there.its the most wind i been out in for a long time and hes boat only go 9 kts we got back to the whaft at 5pm so it was a long day.
    cheers
    danny

DaneCross

Re: what a day

nothing like a good trawling report, did you get any bycatch

sounds like those fish put up a fair fight

nice report got any pics?
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

didnt think you would take to many pics or write to many reports for trips on a trawling boat

Cmon guys it had to have been a top experience for the young fella....
    Musta been fun in the 40 knots.
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

hi guys
    i post this because i was happy that my son wanted to know want i did for so many years and hes grandfather.it was a great thing for him is see.i not saying that trawling is right as i do not do it any more.i agree that it has kill a lot of fish stocks.i happy now running my charter boat and helping fisheries with research.i agree if we dont stop poeple over fishing there will be nothing left for our kids to catch.
    cheers
    danny

Danny
    Thanks for the report, 40-50 kts, wow thats blowing. Two reefs in the main and a #4 headie in that weather . I get a bit antsy when its blowing that hard, you cant afford to make any mistakes.
    Did the young bloke like the wild weather?
    Cheers
    rando

boyzie

in that sort of conditions i'm sure i would have supplied you with pleanty of burley

hi rando
    he said he did feel little sick on the way home.he comes out with me in the charter boat all the time and get upset if i go on weekdays.all my 4 kids love fishing and its good to spend time with then on the weekends.
    cheers
    danny

Welcome to Profish, I mean Ausfish Fishman. Everyone has to make a living.

well done charters have my vote
    pro'es on the other hand [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=behead.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
    nothing personal
    i'm glad to hear your kids laove fishing with you
    my two boys get sick when i ask them if they want to go
    my daughter goes out with me and gets upset if i go out without her and beleive it or not she wouldn't get sick even if she had food poisoning and i have to take a kwells 1 hr before i go out go figure

sorry not tring to change the subject can i have one of those jd's

Nino

hi nino
    my daughter the same she 9 and doesnt get sick.she tell me were to fish and alway catch some she got her first double hook up on monday.went i get up to go fishing at 4am she up.she help the poeple bait up and show then how to use the rods.its great to had the kids come fishing with me they take it in turn.
    cheers
    danny

souds like a future 1st mate and/or chief deckie in the making...

to date (yesterday) my 11 yr old daughter has only been offshore 2 times so there's a little bit more moulding for me to do
    ..the pic below...
    small kingy..
    6 ft spin outfit..
    6 pound mono..
    off shellharbour NSW..