Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wide of Hutchies+Wild Weather+Lotsa Fish

Wide of Hutchies+Wild Weather+Lotsa Fish

With chrissy just round the corner and things a little quiet this week and wx looking crap for the w/end . Nick and I decdided to take the boys plus a few ringins out for some deep water exercise.
    Headed out in 3 rigs with 11 on board (625 cruisey/19 haines and the firetruck).
    Original plans was a arvo evening, but the late storm forecast, made us leave at genteleman hours of 7am from scarbourgh.
    Some gear had to be borrowed as some of these blokes bream gear wouldnt hack it in 100m+.
    Weather was great with no more then a 10knotter blowing most of the day.
    Hit the Pearlie spot first, but they werent on the chew, so after a few drifts and only a few boated, we moved wider to the 100m + and proceed to land some reasonable snaps.
    Buy midday berley was in abundance and flowing freely buy a few, plus some very pale looks appearing on their faces , and a couple of bodies already on the floor.
    Had to move as the sharks once again moved in and with the storms brewing we headed south towards Brennans shoals area, where squire were once again on the menu.
    Should have headed back in earlier but we didnt, so we got hammered by a storm.
    With a few calls to please take me home or im quitting and wont be at work tomorrow, we pull the pin around 4pm and met a 20+ s/easterly and a very messy seas back to scaborough, which took over a 1hr30m.
    Adjournd to Nicks place at scab" for a few ales and bundies and unloaded the eskies.
    Now before some of you jump on the band wagon when you see the pic below, we never bagout on any species.
    But those that didnt berley enjoy the trip, and some caught their first snapper and some fished deep waters for the first time.
    Have circled a fish that came out of one of the eskies, though it looked like a bloody Luderick, but think its a Sombre Blubber lip, could be wrong, so if you know let it rip.
    So Plenty of snaps, a few pearlies and tuskies and one strange species.
    You would have enjoyed the trip Ray, but house hunting is more important .
    regards
    regards

Re: Wide of Hutchies+Wild Weather+Lotsa Fish

Looks like a Drummer to me.

wow thats alot of nice fish well done. good to see a few tuskies in there as well. thats a very large no. of good snappa.

cheers phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

I felt them winds pick right up and gust this avo at Mt. Gravatt. Said 'I'd hate to be on the water right now ' but with that catch, I'd reconsider . Nothing wrong with bagging out at times mate as you are well within your rights to do so. I have been so deprived of fresh fish for so long that when I get back out there, I'll do my best to do the same .
    Cheers, Jay

top catch webby no need to make excuses mate well done top effort

cheers matt

G /day Brian top report mate and a nice bag of snapps to share around with the crew, only one thing wrong i wasnt there > but the house thing is sorted and im back in the mix , hope you put those pearlie marks in the gps !

CHEERS RAY

Brian,

It would be more helpful for us if in future you post a pic of your gps instead of the catch # # # #

Seriously tho, bloody nice catch and you should never feel guilty for bagging out, (or getting close to a bag out) after all this is a fishing site .... last I looked it's not illegal ... yet.

Cheers,
    Tony # #
    PS #if you suspect your deckies may lay their own burley trail, feed them sardine sangas before you leave. #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Well done Brian !! Why dont you give us a yell i have guts of steel for that weather but perhaps less the swimming ability for that distance home
    I would agree its a drummer( big pig) and a big one at that !! What was he caught on ? You to fish little bay in Sydney for those suckers , i thought we only got silver drummer this way?
    Michael

not a clear photo but when I was offshore fishing with seaprobe charters we caught a sweep, which looks similar to that, not bad eating but then again not that good. the deckie was sayin that they arent a common catch up this way but are quite abundant in victoria and new south wales

very odd to catch a drummer that far offshore and not near rocks or wash.

andrew

bidkev

Glad you got something to show for it Brian. The trip back must've seen some white knuckles.

I headed out at 5 pm and was regretting it within 5 minutes. Looked ok as I was launching but changed dramatically within a short period of time.. Didn't like the way the sea was running to turn round so headed for the shelter of Mud. It must've been really bad further out 'cause I was shortly joined by two trawlers for the night.

Only good things to come of it is that I now know the boat better and I've hopefully got a bit more sense for the future..........if the forecast says "possible storm" then I'll translate that to "definately storm"

kev

Good haul webby ...bloody good haul !!!!

i will also say it looks like a drummer

100m+ hey, Are you practising for those big trumpeter down south Mate. You know they fish 200m down there with pieces of railway guage as weight to get to the bottom.

That will sort you out

Nice catch

Nice fish guys - lucky not caught in the hail storm. That would not be nice - no where to run or hide with golf ball sized ice smashing into the boat. I hope you had a good filleting person on hand.

thanks for the photo.

Might as well make the most of fishing like that while it lasts cause you can bet one day most of them will be gone just like the fishing off sydney.

Commodore

nice fish Brian, makes for a different story from behind Mud