Thread: Overnighter At Mud Island

Overnighter At Mud Island

Hi guys,

Got home from school at about 3:15 pm when my dad said do you want to go fishing for an overnighter so I said yeh. But then he said that it would be very rough. We left at 5:00 pm. Got to Mud Island about half an hour later. Settled down and fished for an hour got nothing. Went to sleep at 7:30 pm. Woke up at 5:00 am and set off for curtan reef. After an we had caght nothing but squire. Then as my dad stood up to check the bait on his float rod when the ratchet started to scream ran straight for the bottem then SNAP! the line broke, dad said he thinks it would be Kingie. Left for the beacons an hour later. Got nothing but Stipey Grunters. It was another 45 mins before dad had noticed that we wre draging anchor. So just as dad was pulling up the anchor my ratchet on my big rod start to go. I grabbed my rod it kept on taking line it ran straight for the pillars of the beacon. I had only played it for 2 mins before I felt a huge thump and then it was gone. Ended the day at 2:30 pm with no fish in the boat but three small Yakka's.

Kingcobe.
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Re: Overnighter At Mud Island

Tough luck there mate but at least you hooked a few beasties.

Ahh Kingcobe,

That's fishing, but at least you got onto something and ur out on the water. Sounds like the Whittley is getting plenty of use too ...

keep on fishin

Cheers,
    Tony
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Doesn't matter if you don't catch any fish (in my books they are a bonus)
    Just being out with your dad and having a good time is all that matters.
    Cheers Dazza

Kingcobe,

Sounds like you had a good time mate.
    Bad luck but losing those unstoppables.Irecon the one you had might have been a big tuna better luck to you and ya dad next time.Till then catch plenty of rays and grinners .

MIKOS

bummer! jeez you went to bed early......i would have been squidin all nite but i wasnt there so im only dreamin

bad luck mate but remember theres always next trip

No wonder why it snapped me it was only 20 pound line.

Kingcobe
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob
    bummer! jeez you went to bed early......i would have been squidin all nite but i wasnt there so im only dreamin
    We were sheltering from the storm and the boat was in shallow water out of the current. it was swinging all over the place with the wind and we couldn't fish so decided to have an early night so that we could fish early once the storm had passed

Kincobe
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Quote Originally Posted by skippa
    Ahh Kingcobe,

That's fishing, but at least you got onto something and ur out on the water. Sounds like the Whittley is getting plenty of use too ... #

keep on fishin

Cheers,
    Tony #

Hi Tony,

With a boat like that it would get plenty of use and I'm sure that if my dad and I could, we would be fishing all day every day.

Kingcobe
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

adriancorrea

Unlucky there
    Have spent many a night in the bay and have returned with no fish.
    But as someone said before the fish are a bonus, atleast you were out there.
    Theres always next time and maybe next time you can find out what those runnaways were.

Tight Lines
    Adrian

Thems are the breaks.

On trips like that I say I have just been boating, not fishing.

Cheers

Madman