Thread: Gladstone Saturday

Gladstone Saturday

I passed an AusFish sticker on a boat outside the Gladstone Fire station on Saturday morning.

Was wondering who it was and did they catch anything?

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

DNO40

Re: Gladstone Saturday

G'Day Harry,

Aint seen or heard from you for a while, any more info on the type of boat. It wasn't me or Pash67

DNO

DNO

It was a 4.5 tinnie, white, with folded bimni. I was driving by and saw the Ausfish sticker, but was on my way to an appointment, so I didn't get the chance to stop and say hi.

Maybe we need to get names incorporated into the stickers, that will help with identification.

Other than that, no I've been busy for a while. I'm involved in the GLOS Theartre restraunt crew and having to spend the weekends rehearsing, so no chance to wet a line.

Harry

DNO40

Sounds like it could have been Owen, was it being towed by a white patrol I think it is.

DNO

Not a patrol, I think it was a cruiser.

Might of been someone who was on their way to Awonga also. there was an other boat with them, but it didn't have the sticker on the side, so I don't know who it might of been.

CQ_Fisher

theres a good chance that whoever it was, was heading to Agnes for the M&G. Keep this post alive until next weekend when every1 who is attending the M&G has returned home and you may find your mystery member.

I'm heading down to Agnes this arvo so i'll keep any eye out for a cruiser with the boat you described

Cheers
    JD

Thanks JD

I'll keep it alive and bump it for next week

It could of been someone heading to Angnes.

Thanks again.

Harry

Wasn't me.
    I didn't go anywhere on Saturday.
    Headed out to the dam on Sunday for "a pleasant afternoon's boating"
    Might have been Corry.
    He's got a Tojo. Not sure if he took the little boat or the biggun to Agnes.

Cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Hi Harry,

Shame you didn't get a look at the driver. If you had, and he was wearing lycra shorts, then I reckon I know who it might have been.

But, in the absence of any visual ID, then I guess we might never know.

TOL

TOL

The boat and car were parked in the street. I didn't see anyone one around, so they might of been at KFC or the likes.

Harry

Needmorerum

Quote Originally Posted by CQ_Nomad

I'm heading down to Agnes this arvo so i'll keep any eye out for a cruiser with the boat you described

Cheers
    JD
    You can stop looking now JD, you slept in his bed and he managed to make you sick (location joke, let the stories fly now)

It was me Harry, not sure where the 4.5 metre comes from with a Bimini folded down. The tinny is 4m, and theres no bimini, and the CC is 575 with a SS Targa. Both being towed by Cruisers, one Wagon and a Shorty. Both boats, and both cars, have three Ausfish stickers each, you must have been in a hurry to miss them.
    I was attending a training session at the Fire Station on how to put out lycra's when the heat gets to much. Seriously, work organised a session for the kids on how to put out a kitchen fire.

The hunt is over, the mystery man has been found, it was just me.

Corry

jd
    hows it go, every 12 minutes, all day or is it all rumours
    cheers
    blaze
    still LMAO over that story.

CQ_Fisher

Blaze,

Dont believe everything you hear, especially from these ausfish blokes. Everyone knows fishermen tell tall stories that are full of it

Cheers
    JD