Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: cabbage tree ck mystery brutes!

Re: cabbage tree ck mystery brutes!

would pull hard on 2kg string how big? what weight?

Well i guess we just will never know what it was mmm better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by youngfisho
    would pull hard on 2kg string how big? what weight?
    Didn't measure it at all It was caught up in one of my crab pots
    Shane

lazy bugger

was a crocodile ive caught plenty there before!!

Quote Originally Posted by youngfisho
    lazy bugger
    You got it
    Shane

gday fellas,

thanks for all the input.

shane, mate whereabouts (not exactly of course) did you get the cod? was it upstream a fair way. i heard of blokes getting jacks right up near the fruit shop. you heard anything like this? makes sense i spose.

cuzza

Mate Friday night I took the boat right up past the fruit shop and toward the gateway. Its defiantly Jack territory up there, but weather its populated with Jacks who knows
    I used to fish up there years ago when I was a kid and never caught anything decent but it could be worth a try again. But my current boat is a tad big for up that way It was the run it tide Friday night when I went up there, and on the way back I only just managed to fit under the Sandgate road bridge. Five minutes later I would of been stuck for a while and I'm sure the girlfriend would of love that
    As for the cod, it was caught near the sewage plant
    Shane

yum yum....

perhaps that explains the bite marks on the side of the cod.....the spaghetti monster is back

land_based

hey cuzzamundi,

mate i regularly fish on that ramp and the small jetty near the mouth, about 2 weeks ago something similar happened to me. Fishing off the jetty with a mate. My mate put his rod down, something grabs his whole biddy live bait takes a run for about 20 metres, my mate tries to put pressure on to slow him down and gets bitten off.
    I grabbed my overhead with 6kg main and 15kg 50cm leader. Throw it in roughly same area, *bang* the fish screams off for about 20-30 metres drag loaded up hard and just got bitten off, without any feel of head shake or anything. I heard there were plenty of sharks around here so thats what i was leaning towards.

I also went down to sandgate peir the other night and met the same yound fella you were talking about. He certainly knows what hes doing, and has some serious game gear, was exciting to see something pick up his whole mullet and scream off for about 100 metres!! unfortunately no hookup

rob

gday fellas,

shjane: yeah it certainly looks likem jack territory. heard of em being caught there last season, but yeah, i guess have to find out sometime.

rod: yeah mate doesnt he what!!!! he's a good kid too - tells you all he knows! unbelievable about you guys having the exact same experience! sounds just like what happened toi me! i dunno, you reckon there'd be a few sharks around there? shane, do you know? i know there's heaps out front of s'cliffe, but never pulled one in in the creek. who knows. anyway lemme know how you go fellas.

cheers,

cuzza