Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monduran on the Weedend With Our Fishing Club

Monduran on the Weedend With Our Fishing Club

Those that took Friday off got the best of the weather. Clint and I were 4 for 4 Friday afternoon but fell in a heap from there. I only used one lure all weekend and am glad to say it is still with me minus a heap of paint. Had two put me into snags with one getting off the lure but with the lure returning and the other I was able to pull out. Got two from four bites Saturday and Clint got one from two then between both of us this morning only had one hookup for a millisecond. Maybe 6-8 other maybes, one small Cattie and saw a baby Barra today twice the length of the lure try to hit the Richos I was using but missed everything. Rain set in about 2.00 p.m. Saturday afternoon and all through the night with showers of and on all of today. Not fun yesterday in the rain but two of our fish came from it and speaking to some other blokes at the ramp they got 8 in the rain. All of our fish were 69-74cm. One of our members jumped one off approaching a metre. Got that on video.

Re: Monduran on the Weedend With Our Fishing Club

One of Clints.

Me again.

nice one mmmmmmate,

have been up there three times now and have caught nothing. that looks like you were pretty close to the ramp area. what depth lures were you using. what gear were u using

andrew

Release shot.

Me. #Shimano Chronarch SF, Custom 7' IMG40 Angler blank built up by Kerry Symes, 50lb Stealth braid, 60lb Hawk leader, Richo Extractor. #

Clint. Shimano Curado, Shimano Barra Raider, 45lb Spiderwire or whatever that new Spiderwire is, 60lb Hawk leader, B52.

Most gear from Bass to Barra Marine the new tackle shop in Kingaroy.

Yes pretty close to the ramp. #Didn't even get 1/2 way up to White Rock all weekend and found plenty of likely country.

Way to go Smithy. Congrats on the nice fish mate.

Sitting around with a few beers Friday night before the bloody rain on the Saturday.

reminicent of last years barra classic where my uncle and I got s@4t faced on beer and burbon. lots of fun . tried a mad dash to win a subscription to B N B but wasn't fast enough . Good to see you caught some fish. makes the trip so worthwhile

andrew

good fish smithy, the bogas almost make em look like they have a bill whats the go with tagging in the dam, how many jumps do you get out of a barra like that?

Had an e-mail come through with Monduran on the tagging list last week. #Some weren't jumping others were jumping 3-4 times. #Had one jump about 4 foot out of the air vertically with the lure coming out of its gob just like Spaniards doing the Polaris thing. #Missed that bugga. Bills on the bottom jaw - that would be a Garfish wouldn't it? #Heard how Phill did yet? #He is keeping quiet but I see a couple of posts by him.

sent pm but no reply, very good or very bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy
    Release shot.

Me. #Shimano Chronarch SF, Custom 7' IMG40 Angler blank built up by Kerry Symes, 50lb Stealth braid, 60lb Hawk leader, Richo Extractor. #

Clint. Shimano Curado, Shimano Barra Raider, 45lb Spiderwire or whatever that new Spiderwire is, 60lb Hawk leader, B52.

Most gear from Bass to Barra Marine the new tackle shop in Kingaroy.

Yes pretty close to the ramp. #Didn't even get 1/2 way up to White Rock all weekend and found plenty of likely country.
    So it was a heavy tackle tournament!!

You really do need those line strengths to get the lures back out of those snags don't you

Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

DNO40

Well done Smithy, It's all worth it when you get a couple.

You certainly take a better pic with your eyes open.

DNO

Maybe you should take up the fresh permantly and leave the salt for some others.

At least you turned a reel

Late mail.

One of our members got a 108 4.00 Sunday arv.