Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugman and Barra -  An Awoonga legend is born

Re: Bugman and Barra - #An Awoonga legend is born

Nice one Bret ! Turned out better than the shoot out me thinks.
    Michael

An Awonga legend is born.... mmmmmmmmmmm your humility and modesty far exceed your barra catching skills Brett.

Cheers Roz

P.S. Well done anyway
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Re: Bugman and Barra -  An Awoonga legend is

top fish brett, very well done

Well done mate! I agree the fresh water barra have an awful taste, i guess that is due to the fact they feed on weed and slim! The salties are a much better tasting fish indeed!

Mitch

DNO40

Well,

What can we say, another AUSFISHER impressed with the fishing at Awoonga.

As Brad stated earlier, the smile says it all, it doesn't matter what the size of the Barra the smile comes naturally.

Good to see the Old Hacks also had a good time. I hope in future that they release, having now tasted the larger fresh water Barra.

Hope to see you back here again, and maybe we can catch up instead of a quick passing on the ramp. I realise that you were keen to get out there first day and all.

Good piccies and I'm sure some good memories. Try not to pick on me mate Trevor too much .... We all have our bad days.

DNO

106cm barra on a 600 Alvey is there anything these reels can't do

Looks like a you had a more than a great time Bugman, the cheshire cat smile says it all.

A legend in his own lunchbox is more like it lol Honestly if everyone keeps giving him praise he'll need a bigger car so he can fit through the door.

Seriously though mate at least you did get your first barra and cracked a metre plus in the first trip.

Steve

Nice report and photos bugman, glad you had a great time
    Cheers

Steven

HHHMMMM no Trev or Johnny yet

I'm hoping most people realise the tone of the post because I really don't have that many tickets on myself - just trying to have a bit of fun.

If you're inclined to go to Awoonga and have the time - look up Johnny and jump on one of his charters. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Brett

SULLY73

PRETTY SURE TREV & LES ARE AT FAUST AT MOMENT FOR THE COMP.

BRAD.

Congrats BUGMAN!

Your first Awoonga big barra is an awesome feeling hey!! It can be such a hard dam to sus so you guys did well. Sounds like the ramp being opened at night has really helped the fishing.
    I remember my first trip there being on the houseboat; we fished only at night and caught 125 Barra between 7 of us in 4 nights!! We took shifts fishing at night with 12 hour casting sessions!!

I felt sorry for the guys stuck on land .... so its great to see everyone getting the chance to score well under the moonlight!

Great effort mate.

Brad,

I completely forgot - hope they're doing ok up there. You got any recently ?

Brett

SULLY73

BRETT,
    # # # # #WENT OUT YESTERDAY ARVO TO SEE HOW BOAT BEHAVES WITH FOIL FITTED TO LEG(ALL GOOD NOW) & HAD A GOOD FISH FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER BEING DRENCHED IN A STORM WE COPPED.AFTER STORM IT GLASSED OUT AND IT WAS EXCELLENT TO ACTUALLY TO #FISH WITHOUT THE WINDS FOR ONCE.SOME GOOD FISH CAUGHT & SOME BETTER FISH STILL GOING.MAY TRY AGAIN TODAY DEPENDS ON WEATHER, LIGHTING & GRAPHITE RODS WOULD BE A NO-NO I PRESUME.

CHEERS BRAD.

DNO40

Brad,

Correct again, Trev and Les at Faust, spoke with him this morning and from all reports the fishing is excellent.

Lightning and graphite rods are a no no.

And another quality fish.

DNO

Top stuff Brett

Great report and a top class barra to boot !

Can't complain with any fish over 100 .....i would be happy with a week long expedition for that one fish !