Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wello Report 15th Oct

aquarius

Re: Wello Report 15th Oct

Hi James.....Mate left from one ramp and right from the other if you know what i mean
    The big fish are around you just have to keep casting until your arms fall off...lol.
    Cheers Brent

Thanks for that brent.
    I may not get a chance for a little while but when I do I'll post some pics.

drawn

Good stuff Brent,
    persistent bugga aren't you ?
    i see a bit of beacon in the first piccy,
    " BRENT'S BEACON " ?
    keep em coming son......
    regards darren

aquarius

Hi Darren........Mate i suppose you will be heading to your favourite overnight stamping grounds very soon after BIG RED.
    Yes mate its a beacon but not mine..lol
    These bay snapper are in top condition at present.......they pull line out like freight trains.
    I weighed the 60cm snapper and it went just under 3 kilo.
    Cheers Brent

brent

wouldnt mine taggin along one day just to sus out how to work those plastics. my boat will be out of order for a little while to fix the floor would be keen for a ride along. usually have days off during the week.

andrew

aquarius

Hi Andrew, Sorry mid week is out for me.
    My mate sometimes does mid week trips so i will ask him to keep you in mind.
    Cheers Brent

Thanks for that Brent...I was tempted to head out this morning..
    but couldnt drag myself out of bed...
    I too was wondering about that beacon/marker..
    Have a top day mate...James

Brent - you must be a little touched to have been out in that weather yesterday!! I was one of the other 2 boats that you saw and I got there about 8.45. My first chuck was at 9.15, so I went home again! Seeing your fish makes me think that I should have stayed - it would have been worth the pain.

As you know, I have been away and have not been able to fish for about 3 weeks, so I was going fishing yesterday, hell or high water. Hell knows why I went.

Neil

aquarius

Hi Neil, Your right mate i must be a little bit crazy but the boys were keen and my Nephew travelled down from Gympie so i thought we better give it a shot..lol
    I have had luck in the past when the winds are blowing S/E so was confident we would at least get some average squire.
    Probably would have been sloppy conditions again this morning but we would have gone out again if not for the rain.
    There's always another day and the squire will be getting bigger i hope.
    Cheers Brent

adriancorrea

Once again well done Brent and crew
    I cant wait to get my boat back in the water and be back out there fishing wello and peel.
    Keep up those good reports it keeps those of us who are boatless from going insane lol

Tight Lines
    Adrian

Well done Brent

is this wello reef ??? fish in there a colpe of tie me never had the luck on my side

aquarius

Yes mate thats the Wello reef.........Keep trying because the fish are definatley around this area.
    Cheers Brent

Well done Brent.....the rain kept me away sunday morning, I dont mind a bit of wind there though....it keeps other not so keen fisherman away, and also chops the water up a bit!!

You have to love those ZOOMs

If the weather is good this week i might get out

Gidday Brent,

I think that rough winds from the S/SE bring on the fish, and the way the boat bobs around so much you would hardly have to work your SP's would you? I have left the rod in the rod holder, mostly to reach down for either a sanger or drink, and that's when the fish seem to hit? Is it my imagination or is there a spy down there saying "quick, now's our chance!" In rough conditions like that, you really have to be dedicated, as you obviously are. Well done! I know some fisho's who prefer rough water, more bites, and less competition.

Scalem