Thread: redcliffe today

redcliffe today

Got up at 400am to be at cabfishers by 7. made the ramp at 730 and headed out to find some reefy patches around the shallows. found some likely water and decided to drift but we started drifting too fast so went back and found some really good looking troughs and peaks. decided to drop the pick and drift the baits with the tide. got some good hits and landed two small squire, just under size. got bricked and then nothing for 15-30min. realized the pick was dragging and we were fishing sand # motored back up and tried again, but we had the wrong pick and wernt getting any purchase on the bottom. finished up with one small grassy and some undersized bream and talior. within ten mins the wind gained at least 10 knots so we pulled the pin and headed in towards the boat ramp. picked up just outside the channel markers and picked up 2 brown rays #> some more small tailor and to finish off the day, a small shovelly (kept that one # yum).
    all fish were caught on pillies. cabfisher will post some pics of the shovlly once he works out the new camera . no pics of the other fish as we forgot we had the camera #:
    tight lines

Re: redcliffe today

Hi Yes that about covers it except Michael forgot to mention about My misfrotune with my $45 -00 rod and reel with the broken winder rubbish cheep and Nasty then my lightweight rod & reel my line kept on Braking then after getting up to speeed Of re sinkering and hook I reckond the line was rotten ( been out in Sun to often for to long . not worry as I had a front seat watching Michael working his five rods LOL He sure is a farst worker Pity was I forgot about the Camara some of his other fish that were just under size sure look nice fish but we did the right thing and let them go But I could not get Michael To kiss any of them LoL lol
    good day Michale . Cheers Harry
    Harry Cabfisher

I was out fishing around the reefs off Woody Point this morning (Thursday). It was a bit choppy at times and rained on and off for most of the morning. Caught about 10 squire, most about the 30cm mark, plus the usual range of rays, shovelnose and small tailor. Kept only one squire that went 38cm. Pilchards were the most successful bait.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Sounds like a decent day bar the wind... but a nice variety.
    Cheers
    Jackash