Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another learning curve - Moreton

Re: Another learning curve - Moreton

great work mate pitty about the no gaff or net thing that would have made me really really really really angry[smiley=angryfire.gif] and that is lightly put

oh well there is always next time

Chemmy

No net or gaff...Sounds like one of my trips but it is always the way eh? If you take them you don't need them. Good report and you did well to get out there by yourself not to mention to be having a fish while I had to work Regards Scott

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by chemmy
    great work mate pitty about the no gaff or net thing that would have made me really really really really angry[smiley=angryfire.gif] and that is lightly put

oh well there is always next time

Chemmy
    I'm the one that forgot it Chemmy and I'm such a nice person that I can't stay mad at me for long

kev

Kev,
    Lucky you didnt have brejen with you, he has lost my reef anchor and 100mts of rope and thrown my sea anchor over and not tied it to the boat and watched it sink out of sight.
    You were lucky, you only left the gaff and net at home.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by gawby
    Kev,
    Lucky you didnt have brejen with you, he has lost my reef anchor and 100mts of rope and thrown my sea anchor over and not tied it to the boat and watched it sink out of sight.
    You were lucky, you only left the gaff and net at home.
    Graeme
    First of all who's bloody New reef pick was it. Seconds who's damm bow roller cut the rope. And that bucket that you called a sea anchor well that had to go so i could buy you a proper one for Fathers day.

Sorry Kev had to striaghten the old boy out. Better luck next time mate. Always keen for a trip if your ever short of a deckie. Will bring some of Gawby's gear so that if we lose it then it don't matter..

Brett

Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

noluck

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] well done Kev
    lest u got your self diner and trip out
    #I forgot onse knife and all day tering bait with me fingers #and i had to use few times my teeths but fishing was creazy.
    did u faund who pool out gaff and net out of boat #
    cheers no_luck

bidkev

Graeme & Brett, you had me in stitches. You sound like you argue like me and the deckie do

kev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by no_luck
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] well done Kev
    lest u got your self diner and trip out
    #I forgot onse knife and all day tering bait with me fingers #and i had to use few times my teeths but fishing was creazy.
    did u faund who pool out gaff and net out of boat #
    cheers no_luck
    What a picture! No Luck chewin' through a piece of raw squid!

No one took the gaff and net out of the boat! They just jumped out themselves Tryin' to get anyone in my madhouse to own up to anything is almost as hard as getting Playboy to put a nude picture of Amanda Vanstone on their middle spread

kev

THAT WAS A CLASS REPORT 10 OUT OF 10,THANK YOU

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by longtail
    good one kev , well at least you brought home dinner #
    hard yakka on yer own this anchor business # gonna get me one of those ball floats #

cheers
    jason
    Bought the clip today, another 100m of rope and a new reef pick.........already had a ball that I found floating in the Rous. Not that the lifting will be any easier if the bugger's snagged anyway

The kids had smashed into a table that was at the poolside. It was one of those glass top ones that sell with two chairs for 99 bucks............the glass shattered! Cut a (hollow) leg off the table, stuck it on the reef pick prongs and bent them into shape beautifully Will cut off another leg and keep it in the boat All I've got to do now is remember to keep the gaff in the boat too

kev

I feel for you Kev.

Sounds exactly like 10 different days I've had . I call them learning days.

I haven't lost an anchor since I got the ball puller but I have brought up some nasty twisted looking metal things that were anchors, and can take an hour of brute force a big hammer and a vice to get back into shape.

Watch out for when the rope slips under the boat and the prop cuts it. Mine always cuts it neat and never twists around the prop which makes for a good splice position.
    I have splice depth markers at 38, 57 and 73 feet but the clip can still run over them so it does not affect ball retrieval.

Keep the learning coming and good luck next time

Angla

nice sunrise
    enough fish for a feed

cheers pete

Kev,
    I said to brett a few months ago ill have to buy a reef pick. Dont bother he said i dont want this old one YOU CAN HAVE IT.
    So now he says he lost his pick, dosnt that make him an INDIAN GIVERRRRR.
    Didnt say sorry about the 100mts of rope at the bottom of the pacific.
    Now the bucket. My missus would have killed me if i had lost it but no, its alright brett dont worry about it.
    My missus bought it at a garage sale being an old type gal bucket that she thought was thre bees knees. Carnt hold water in the boat with a sae anchor. they have holes on the bottom.
    Oh well, son out laws, ?
    Graeme

gday again kev, busy as hell - sorry i didnt get back to ya - im a taigum and midweek usually means work for me and coming up to busy period but ya never know - i could get sick one day......

have only fished a little of shore with my mate but mainly inside moreton spot x near curtain with pretty good results all year round on the knobbies - only 1-3 fish but quality. spent a bit of time out of cairns when i was in the navy up there and boy was that some fun. i mainly concertrate on the beach fishing down here though - welcome to come along for a run up the beach whenever i go - provided my missus doesnt bring the kitchen sink......

tackle hard

les

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    Tryin' to get anyone in my madhouse to own up to anything is almost as hard as getting Playboy to put a nude picture of Amanda Vanstone on their middle spread
    Kingtin,

You've taken that too far.

Next time you feel like painting such a vivid mental picture, keep the brushes packed away, eh?

Good luck,
    Mike(langelo)