Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1770 M&G from ROZ

1770 M&G from ROZ

I arrived up at Agnes Water about a week before everybody else so I could get the house sorted and tidy up the garden….a bit.

Towing my boat all that way was made a lot easier with the new trailer, I couldn’t believe the difference, plus the new Cruiser with coil under the front made travelling a lot more comfortable, as it’s an 11-12 hour drive if I do it non stop.

The week started off a bit on the quiet side, fishing wise. I decided to head up to Bustard and tow some baits for one of my favourite fish and asked Phil to be my deckie for the day, in hindsight I should have fished just off the headland, now my mackeral catching reputation is shot to bits as Phil landed the only mackeral. I only managed to lose a couple of baits. But there is always next time.

Decided to head into Pancake Creek for a look see, I never miss a chance to spend time in there as it would have to be one of the most incredible spots on the coast. Phil decided to catch some of the huge bream that live there, while I wandered off with my favourite flathead lure and spun up some fish, but all were undersized.

On the way out the decision to fish off some rocks near the entrance to Pancake was made, so I pulled into a cove just inside the mouth, and in less than an hour, six or seven different species were caught from the one spot including two Wobbigong, all c and r. On returning to VC3 found her high and dry, didn’t have to wait long for the tide, and the trip back to 1770 #was good, with a light northerly.

The next trip on the agenda was to Awonga to meet up with Brett. I was also lucky enough to meet Trev and Col, some of the best Barra fishos around. Sadly I didn’t manage to land a Barra, which would have been a first for me. There will always be next time, maybe in November if I can swing it.

The weather was holding so it was up to ReBait and some of Tony’s marks to get us on to some fish. Everybody did well, Carlo pulled up some of the biggest Hussars I’ve ever seen, mixed in with some nice Spangled Emperor, Sweetlip plus some large Moses Perch along with the usual Parrot, kings, stripies etc. Paul and I managed some nice Trout plus some very good Nannygai.

I can’t remember exactly who caught what but we DONE GOOD. Gave my new boat rod a good workout.

I was also lucky enough, to go fishing with my favourite Tasmanian, Blaze. We decided to fish some live baits from the rocks near the mouth of the inlet, where we managed a nice flathead, it was there I discovered my Charter special was not really meant for casting. Next time Rob I’ll bring the right gear or we’ll fish out of my boat.

Can’t have a M&G without Chilli Crab, in my world anyway. Paul brought along his pots only to have some mongrel ‘rat’ them, sadly Paul had the bait keepers slashed and the draw string for the top of the traps thrown away as well. In spite of all that we still got plenty of Muddies, Blue swimmers and a couple of small sharks.

The M&G wouldn’t have been complete without the regulation BBQ, at this point I must thank Phill and the rest of the Guys for providing eskies plus all the help to make it a great night. Special thanks to Tony and Sandi, I am not looking forward to the day when you two sell that shop and move.

I’ve probably had one of the most enjoyable weeks ever, and really looking forward to possibly doing it again next year.

Cheers Roz.

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Re: 1770 M&G from ROZ

great report Roz sounds like fun had by all.
    i think all these great reports will have a lot more people there next year.
    kleiny

pc
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

pcc
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

my stranded seafarer
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!